Custom Map #9832: Fortress I. By: Orbus_Kane

Started by AutoPost, January 28, 2022, 06:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9832: Fortress I

Author: Orbus_Kane
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Lots of room to build and experiment, but make sure you get lots of Beams.

teknotiss

hey dude, thanks for making this map...

but if you are going to put in a "beams needed" warning you might want to put a lot more emitters on the map to protect the spore towers.

i didn't build a single beam, just a network of collectors, killed the spore towers, built 4 mortars and 8 blasters per corner (prob only needs 2 and 4 per corner really) and sent them to the corners, where the collectors were just building as they arrived, then did a pretty straight forward attack on all 4 corners at once.

total time under 7 mins and i was not really pushing... i suspect D0m et all will put in a few super fast times.

anyway, make more maps, and make them as you like, but feel free to chuck a lot more emitters in to slow us down in our attacks!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

Yup, as Tek says.

The real challenge here is as a speedrun how do you attack 4 corners from 3 CNs in the most efficient way possible. Collectors, given the space are far more efficient than reactors. No need for reactors on this level at all.

Helper

Nice wake up call.
Impressed with your design and graphics - and looking forward to your next one.
Thanks,
H

Weasee

That's a great time D0m0nik! What is your strategy?

D0m0nik

Just build loads of collectors, this was the priority. I just took out 2 spores at first and got two reactors on the PZs, the others can wait until the last minute. Shields are handy for a quick assault but not needed really.