Generic discussion re: what makes a good/popular map

Started by Helper, January 26, 2014, 07:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

not having CRPL "random effects" enemies is a winner for me.  :)
while i appreciate the effort that goes into the CRPL wandering enemies, i find that they turn a game of tactics and strategy into a game of luck (or of working out the path the enemy takes if not truly random).
this i find no fun, but using CRPL to add corrupted units i like, so new static enemies are great, but wandering ones change the game too much for me to enjoy. i'm reaching the point where i just skip maps with moving emitters/units etc, shame cos of the effort involved in those maps (usually a very high standard of map), but if i don't find them fun there's no point playing them  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

@tek -
You might like CS#170.
I just finished it this morning and thought it outstanding.
A little bit of wandering by a CRPL critter, but a predictable path and a fine kill when you get it.

"very high standard" is an apt description of the game.
H

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on January 30, 2014, 01:26:04 PM
@tek -
You might like CS#170.
I just finished it this morning and thought it outstanding.
A little bit of wandering by a CRPL critter, but a predictable path and a fine kill when you get it.

"very high standard" is an apt description of the game.
H

is that the "crawler"?
i looked at the large map and it looks nice, but i guess i just get down about not being able to plan, but a predictable path is...well... predictable, so i should give it a blast.
cheers for the heads-up
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Si! Esta es "Crawler".
I had 4 Snipers ready when it was time (in a bunch with one in the bottom left PZ).