(solved) Undo SetTerrainOverride

Started by eduran, December 09, 2013, 01:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eduran

Once you have used SetTerrainOverride on a cell, is there a way to remove its effect? The only possibility I currently see is to set the override level to match the terrain height. But that still prevents Terps/Mass Artifacts from working properly.

Clean0nion

<-x <-y dup2 GetTerrain SetTerrainOverride
How does that mess with Terps? If you simply can't avoid the terpulatory problems you're having, just disable them.

Grayzzur

Because you can't easily track all the changes when a user is terping. To have to run through every tick and check the whole map for changes would be wasteful.

It looks to me like each cell starts out with a terrain override of -1, and if you set it back to -1, it seems to go back to normal behavior, terps and all.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

eduran

Quote from: Grayzzur on December 09, 2013, 02:07:37 PM
It looks to me like each cell starts out with a terrain override of -1, and if you set it back to -1, it seems to go back to normal behavior, terps and all.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Grayzzur

Added a blurb about -1 to the wiki page.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker