my last inhibator in Prospector zone S100_155 Caerinverulus

Started by HcoutDopi, September 12, 2014, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HcoutDopi

really need some help about this one, tried many many times, and can't last more than a few minutes. my OCD says I need to finish it.  ;D

thanks in advance.

Karsten75

That is one tough map. I've given it a few attempts and had no success up till now.

I'm attaching a save at the start of the map in the event someone skilled would like to give it a try without having to open a path to it.

teknotiss

i had a bash too, this is a rough start, I'm pretty sure it can be done, but it'll need serious focus. ::)
not sure i have that tonight ;)
but my basic strat would be to use the LZ as a mortar point and attempt a terp wall angling towards the bottom right, once you can secure space to build power it's all over bar the shouting, but the balance between blasters, mortars, power production and terping a wall is tricky.
it may be better to hold only the middle south of the LZ and try to push at the inhib, but i suspect you'll need space for more power than that strat will offer.
perhaps one of the speed daemons has some advice? :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

12345ieee

Really great map, I was surprised this is not hand-crafted.

Starting from Karsten's save I was able to complete it, it took one restart.
The trick is building the wall left first, helping yourself with a good amount of blasters, then leave some mortars to cover that side and attack the right.
The deep creeper is not a concern at the beginning, I needed much less mortars than I thought initially to keep it at bay.
Be sure to get at least 3 beams on before the first serious spore wave.

Here follows a collection of screenshots and savegames, grab what you need.
I'm surely not a speed daemon, but I hope my solution is fast enough.

ea3401

Quote from: teknotiss on September 13, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

A combination of conversion bomb and freeze bomb is unbeatable.

teknotiss

Quote from: ea3401 on September 13, 2014, 07:33:27 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on September 13, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

ha, I figured that was the trick, but i'm not that fast at getting the AoO's on this one. but it's nice to see the method of our consistantly quickest player, cheers ea3401  ;D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

iamltr27

Quote from: ea3401 on September 13, 2014, 07:33:27 PM

No weaps, no thought to defense.
Wow.  That is impressive ...
I hadn't realized what a turtle I am.
[Leroy]