Started by Cotters, June 10, 2011, 11:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter22222

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I always use this method when not in 0 g is there anything i can do to inprove on it?

CobraKill

80% model, see earlier posts
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Hunter22222

CobraKill

It doesn't matter I your in 0G or not, it's just how the creeper behaves. When in ALL building directions 80% efficiency model works best. (gravity doesn't matter) when in one direction though (i.e up, left.) you have the best for build direction up, ad down. For left and right it's just flipped:

RGRGRGRGR
RGRGRGRGR
RGRGRGRGR
RGRGRGRGR

And so on and so forth, hope this helps!

Cotters

I made some pictures that might help with building max in all-directions.
The hard part is knowing what not to dig, as most of the ground will be removed. A pattern of interlocking plus signs is best.  (see the pictures for details).

If you are having trouble with digging like this, i suggest getting some graph paper. Draw out the pattern out with the squares of reactors/dirt- and the direction of the reactors. that way, if you get confused. That's what i did.... yuuup...

CobraKill

Quote from: Cotters on June 30, 2011, 11:04:53 PM
I made some pictures that might help with building max in all-directions.
The hard part is knowing what not to dig, as most of the ground will be removed. A pattern of interlocking plus signs is best.  (see the pictures for details).

If you are having trouble with digging like this, i suggest getting some graph paper. Draw out the pattern out with the squares of reactors/dirt- and the direction of the reactors. that way, if you get confused. That's what i did.... yuuup...

Quite nice. This will definetly help new players. Cotters are you willng to post this in the beginner tips thread?

Cotters

Quote from: Wolf Shadow on July 01, 2011, 10:20:26 AM

Quite nice. This will definetly help new players. Cotters are you willng to post this in the beginner tips thread?
that's a good idea! sure, be'd glad to.

Hunter22222