Custom Map #507: at the end creeper win round 1. By: GuardianDragonlord

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2021, 04:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #507: at the end creeper win round 1

Author: GuardianDragonlord
Size: 320x200

Ionizer

This map has murdered my CPU.  Good Lord man, what kind of supercomputer cluster do I need to run this on? 

So far I've gotten 1 minutes, 27 seconds into "The Event" and it's been over an hour of real time.  Dealt with the missiles but what the heck.

Crazy!

I want to go back and set up my defenses better but ouch, this is going to take all day.  Going to just let it run in the background for a few hours and see what's left of my base... :)

GuardianDragonlord

Quote from: Ionizer on January 15, 2021, 04:08:47 PM
This map has murdered my CPU.  Good Lord man, what kind of supercomputer cluster do I need to run this on? 

So far I've gotten 1 minutes, 27 seconds into "The Event" and it's been over an hour of real time.  Dealt with the missiles but what the heck.

Crazy!

I want to go back and set up my defenses better but ouch, this is going to take all day.  Going to just let it run in the background for a few hours and see what's left of my base... :)

you have to keep in mind I'm working around the limitations of the game itself. this games is not happening to my computer's full power I'm running a 8 core 16 gigabyte computer. but even I run into issues where the game starts slowing down and becomes bogged I am been trying to balance that and make sure that the strain that I put on the game itself is cut down by huge amounts. at this point I have tried to do everything I can to keep the balance of the actual map mission to be accurate with also keep the latency on the game itself to a low level but there's only so much I can do with the technology.

Ionizer

Quote from: GuardianDragonlord on January 15, 2021, 05:28:30 PM

Crazy!

you have to keep in mind I'm working around the limitations of the game itself. this games is not happening to my computer's full power I'm running a 8 core 16 gigabyte computer. but even I run into issues where the game starts slowing down and becomes bogged I am been trying to balance that and make sure that the strain that I put on the game itself is cut down by huge amounts. at this point I have tried to do everything I can to keep the balance of the actual map mission to be accurate with also keep the latency on the game itself to a low level but there's only so much I can do with the technology.

Oh, I'm enjoying the map.  Just finding the massive lag at the end pretty hilarious.  I laughed out loud when it happened.

I love seeing things pushed to the limit. 

You have gone well beyond that. :)

GuardianDragonlord

Quote from: Ionizer on January 16, 2021, 06:14:14 AM
Quote from: GuardianDragonlord on January 15, 2021, 05:28:30 PM

Crazy!

Oh, I'm enjoying the map.  Just finding the massive lag at the end pretty hilarious.  I laughed out loud when it happened.

I love seeing things pushed to the limit. 

You have gone well beyond that. :)

I could consider nerfing this map down more this is the first mission in the 10 campaigns. the map is has a very interesting hard time limits on it and I could also change a few things and I'm liking the hold your base to actually be a less of a guide and more but it's just there and you don't have to worry about it so the whole game play and make it a little bit easier for people to talk to accomplish it. I finally was a little too easy for my taste but course I'm plan on making it so hard towards the very end of the final mission that I'm going to be struggling myself. what may help is YouTube spam the airships as much as possible they are very powerful and they are more multi-purpose than any other weapon you have. I appreciate all of the feedback that you are providing and I would love to see what your opinion is on the other missions that are further along. do visit the actual campaign page whenever you feel like it I have a whole list of the other campaigns that are available and I'll continue updating yet.

GO HERE https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=36563.msg191553#msg191553