Is there an energy output limit?

Started by jason_adams, May 16, 2012, 08:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_adams

I'm playing through a custom map, and I'm stuck at a quick-save point where a Dark Beam I'm depending on depletes of energy, get overrun by creeper, etc. What's strange is that my energy is at 220/220, my speed it max, and I have a four-step energy transfer from the ship to the Dark Beam. So why is it running out of energy? I see a constant stream, as I'd expect, then it stops and sends intermittent packets, and goes back and forth with this. My energy ration is -50/+60

The only thing I can think of is that elsewhere I have a bunch of blasters and launchers doing their thing. So they all are also being supplied energy. Can the ship only output so much energy packets, no matter what the charge is?  ???

If so.. I kind of find that lame. :(

2b3o4o

The max packet limit is 60/second. However, if you have one or more crystals, you can produce unlimited packets per second.

jason_adams

That seems like one or the other is a bug? Seems odd that such a mechanic was intended as 1 crystal to make such a drastic difference in gameplay.  :-\

2b3o4o

It's kinda weird, yes, but it's not a bug. On slower machines, more than sixty packets can really bog down you system, I agree about the crystals though...

Karsten75

Every game has rules and quirks. Some, in the long run are interesting, others turn out to be a mistake.

What map are you playing? Maybe we can give you advice on the map.