Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10275: 155-Hopp Hopp Hopp V2

Author: Rennervate
Size: 255x255

Desc:
Aka AlexX

Martin Gronsdal

another good one, colors are very, very nice here.

I like the up side down Hamsa hands :)

AstraNine

Awesome map! Another one in a long list of very high standard maps.
To start with I thought it was even more difficult than the previous Hopp Hopp Hopp map.
And it was.....
But not too difficult to prevent a finish. Took a few attempts to find the right starting point and then we're away.

rennervate

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 21, 2022, 05:12:07 AManother good one, colors are very, very nice here.

I like the up side down Hamsa hands :)

I spent a lot of time trying to find the right color scheme. I'm glad it even meets your high standards.
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

rennervate

Quote from: AstraNine on September 21, 2022, 10:48:40 AMAwesome map! Another one in a long list of very high standard maps.
To start with I thought it was even more difficult than the previous Hopp Hopp Hopp map.
And it was.....
But not too difficult to prevent a finish. Took a few attempts to find the right starting point and then we're away.

once more - thx a lot!
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Loren Pechtel

Couldn't see how to make the top with the crystals work, but the start in the SE worked like it did before.  A bit harder to get enough beams up fast enough, but once I could hold on it was actually easier because all the extra stuff provided places for PZ mortars that sure thin it out.

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 21, 2022, 11:57:48 PMCouldn't see how to make the top with the crystals work, but the start in the SE worked like it did before.  A bit harder to get enough beams up fast enough, but once I could hold on it was actually easier because all the extra stuff provided places for PZ mortars that sure thin it out.

It took me 10-15 tries to get it right with the very top center. My solution involved rapidly hovering the command node back and forth to keep it out of the creeper while I had one cannon next to the siphon to protect and and then one cannon on the other side to protect a nullifier placed to take out both the spore tower and the emitter. After that I dropped a reactor on the pz where the emitter had been and continued to wiggle the CN north and south in place. While you're building the reactor the siphon is likely to run the crystal out of energy so you'll have to land long enough for the CN to generate power to finish the generator, but after that you can keep wiggling it back and forth long enough to build a couple of ore mines and a sprayer and you should be able to safely land at that point.