Custom Map #9179: Cursor-12 Hard. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, January 05, 2021, 05:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9179: Cursor-12 Hard

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 100x100

Desc:
I'm going to be uploading less levels from now, so I decided to create a level that will take you a lot of time to win. Lots of tricks going on despite the terrain being very simple. Good luck and Have fun! #Challenging #Difficult #AntiCreeper #AC #Cursor #Tricky #Hard #Puzzle #CRPL

TrickyPlayer

Changes:
-All blue emitters are stronger
-Spore towers leave more stuff
-Several flip-emitters increased power, especially important ones.
-"evil" absorber increased storage and creeper storing speed.
-All absorbers leave weaker emitter power towers.
-Some ally emitters decreased power.
-More cursor power apparently.
-Important void-terp (brown structure) options price increased a lot.
-Altered some portals/absorbers to benefit you less.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire

I really enjoyed this map, even though I've played very few of these cursor maps. I think I'll need to play more. I wasn't really sure what everything did, but after just trying some things stuff ended up working out well enough. I don't think people will find this map overly difficult, and I think you've gotten decent ratings  ;)

I bet a lot of people just hit "skip all" when they see the dialogue box, which in my opinion is a travesty. I enjoy the subtle humor, satire, situational irony, etc. that you put into your dialogue. "Don't say I didn't warn you" / "But you didn't..." - great line. Sounds like something from Airplane! or one of those other Leslie Nielsen movies.

Thanks for all the thought & work you put into your maps - it's definitely appreciated!

And thanks for this map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 15, 2021, 03:34:10 PM
I really enjoyed this map, even though I've played very few of these cursor maps. I think I'll need to play more. I wasn't really sure what everything did, but after just trying some things stuff ended up working out well enough. I don't think people will find this map overly difficult, and I think you've gotten decent ratings  ;)

I bet a lot of people just hit "skip all" when they see the dialogue box, which in my opinion is a travesty. I enjoy the subtle humor, satire, situational irony, etc. that you put into your dialogue. "Don't say I didn't warn you" / "But you didn't..." - great line. Sounds like something from Airplane! or one of those other Leslie Nielsen movies.

Thanks for all the thought & work you put into your maps - it's definitely appreciated!

And thanks for this map!  ;D ;D

And thanks for you for saying all that, it helps to keep me motivated. I've added a help button that opens up a ton of conversation to help people, but I doubt everyone is gonna read all of it. It explains everything you need to know. It shouldn't be needed though since I also simplified and improved the text on some structures.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

toolforger

Nice map, and yes there should be more cursor maps.
I found it hard to predict what each power would do, and if a tower was bad it would be annoying to set up walls and pump it out again, so that was a bit unfortunate.