Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1614: Seeping Gutters

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 191x101

Desc:

teknotiss

hey p.h!
it's a small gripe, and one you should feel free to ignore since a: it's only my opinion, and b: i doubt more than a handful of others are also bothered by it, but...
your ore mine placement is messed up man! :o i mean ok, so they won't be neat and perfectly efficient (and nice for my ocd-ish tendencies) like i make them, but do you have to overlay them upon each other like that? and the ones in the void!!! :o :o :o......
but hey ho, fun map, not that i'm even close to finished yet! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

pastor.healer

Thanks my friend for the comments.  teknotiss, I purpose to make my maps difficult for those who look forward to a grind.  And I
really do purpose to set the mine placements the way I do.  I plan on how people will make their trek and set them up for a little
more struggle.  I even overlap the ore mines in a way so they only allow a certain number of them to be playable.  The rest
are for look and feel. 

I appreciate your feedback though.  Just know that I don't make my maps for those who are looking for an easy run.  When I
was new to this game, I used to give bad ratings for maps I couldn't finish.  With age comes gray hair and wisdom. 

Blessings to you

stdout

Clearly given that description I must have a lot of wisdom.

The ore areas also flummox me but I always see it as a signature PH map and that it has a purpose.

RrR

Consider it payback for those nasty air exclusion towers that spoilt my usual game plan.

pastor.healer

Whoa!  Hold the horses...  RrR, you have competition.  Way to go Atomic frog.  I don't feel so bad anymore!  :)

teknotiss

don't get me wrong, your maps are great, even if i rarely have time to finish them ::)
and the ore mines i get too, but some are in the void man, like totally in the void!!!! :o :o :o :o
(ocd tendencies in odd directions sorry dude! lol ???)
like i said it was only a small grumble  8)
keep on making them the way you like dude! :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

pastor.healer

Color. 
Color...
Texture....
Beauty.......

In the same way I use totems all over the place.

Color.
More color....
Texture....
Beauty.......

Hope that helps  :)

teknotiss

Quote from: pastor.healer on January 18, 2015, 11:08:16 AM
Color. 
Color...
Texture....
Beauty.......

In the same way I use totems all over the place.

Color.
More color....
Texture....
Beauty.......

Hope that helps  :)

lol how could that help? that's to do with personal perceptions of beauty! ;)
ps the totems are usable regardless of overlap, so it doesn't bother me, odd eh?