Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1220: Battle Lance: Resurrection

Author: warren
Size: 110x21

Desc:
Did Battle Lance need a sequel? Maybe. Here it is. #CRPL

warren

Please comment on the radial menu. I may be using it in future projects. No, the forge and the PZs have no effect on the beam. I may have fibbed when I said a fixed version of the old beam would be in this map. So I will attach it now.

planetfall

I very much like it, but you may want to use SetUnitSelectableOverride to make units near the repulsor not respond to mouse clicks while it's selected. It was annoying when trying to move it I would also select a mortar, and the mortar's green move-selection-thing would block the area for the repulsor to move into. It'd be nice if (dis)arm and (stop)resupply wouldn't dismiss the menu, but if that would require significant script restructuring don't bother, it isn't a major issue.

Those things aside, I think this is the best friendly CRPL unit yet. I shall have to outdo it...
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

warren

QuoteIt'd be nice if (dis)arm and (stop)resupply wouldn't dismiss the menu, but if that would require significant script restructuring...
Actually, it probably wouldn't. But spamming SetUnitSelectableOverride might be complicated, especially seeing as the radial menu changes size depending on several factors, the menu does not persist across saves, but selectability might.

Helper

Glad that 'pf' was able to figure it out. I could get it to move, but not otherwise control it.
No value as a weapon in the fight.
H

planetfall

You have to click the top left button to make it request packets. It starts turned off because it consumes a lot of power.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Helper

Quote from: planetfall on October 04, 2014, 01:53:45 PM
You have to click the top left button to make it request packets. It starts turned off because it consumes a lot of power.

Thank you.
Do you mean the button at 10 O'clock with the green checkmark and diagonal yellow stripe?

Helper

Quote from: warren on October 03, 2014, 11:44:05 PM
Please comment on the radial menu. I may be using it in future projects. No, the forge and the PZs have no effect on the beam. I may have fibbed when I said a fixed version of the old beam would be in this map. So I will attach it now.

@War - what do we do with this attachment?
Does it get incorporated into the map somehow?
I haven't seen this done before and don't know how to activate it.
H

planetfall

Quote from: Helper on October 04, 2014, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: planetfall on October 04, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

Thank you.
Do you mean the button at 10 O'clock with the green checkmark and diagonal yellow stripe?

Yes. The rest of the buttons are explained in the intro text, but not super clearly.

Helper

Quote from: planetfall on October 04, 2014, 03:16:13 PM
Yes. The rest of the buttons are explained in the intro text, but not super clearly.

I had already tried that - no joy.
The custom built stuff seems to baffle me on a regular basis.
I'll go beat on Tormented Space for a while (or Code games in CW2).
:)
H

Asbestos

warren

The attachment is for mapmakers. It is only a fixed version of the beam from Battle Lance 1.

Buttons 5 and 6 are essentially clones of the same buttons in the regular units. The polarities change the creeper flow direction and the targeting changes the beam direction and size shape.

Helper

Quote from: warren on October 04, 2014, 07:21:15 PM
The attachment is for mapmakers. It is only a fixed version of the beam from Battle Lance 1.

Buttons 5 and 6 are essentially clones of the same buttons in the regular units. The polarities change the creeper flow direction and the targeting changes the beam direction and size shape.

I started from scratch again and still no joy.
Do you have any screen grabs of what this thing looks like when it is actually working?
Failing that, could you provide a description of what we should be seeing?
Thanks,
H

planetfall

Quote from: Helper on October 04, 2014, 08:06:37 PM
Quote from: warren on October 04, 2014, 07:21:15 PM

I started from scratch again and still no joy.
Do you have any screen grabs of what this thing looks like when it is actually working?
Failing that, could you provide a description of what we should be seeing?
Thanks,
H

When you mouse over it, there should be an animated yellow/blue area stretching out in front of it. It creates a field in this area when powered, but doesn't have any special animation or change in appearance. However, it does need a LOT of power, that may be your problem as well. You can right-click on totems (center cell only, it seems) to turn them into PZs for reactors.

Helper

Thanks pf -
I'll give it another go in the morning (Old Dogs, New Tricks, etc.).
H