Custom Map #1201: Tutor Castle. By: warren

Started by AutoPost, September 28, 2014, 09:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1201: Tutor Castle

Author: warren
Size: 128x64

Desc:
Episode 1 of Battle Castle. In this episode, lord Tutor gets obnoxious. Lord Abraxis gets obnoxious as well. #CRPL lots

warren

RrR and stdout both deserve commendation for beta testing.

Tip list:
1) The tutor guppy produces about 20 energy, about enough to build ten things at once.
2) Shields produce a small amount of AC
3) There are two sources of infinite AC on this map
4) Build a forge. You will probably not regret it.
5) Set some blasters and mortars to hit digitalis and maybe the enemy will fall faster.
6) Archers cannot shoot over walls at low targets, so fall back if you get an archer problem.
7) Archers only deliver a small amount of creeper so extra blasters and shields can prolong survival.
8) Although you will probably lose anything you pull out of archer range, it is relatively safe to move stuff into archer range.
9) Terps are a bit of a superweapon in this system. Pull them out if you get stuck. You might even get extra AC sources.
<Space left blank for tips as needed>

Vanguard

I really think you did great there. Thank you, I enjoyed that thoroughly. Looking forward to maps 2 to 33 of this series.

warren

Bad news. The planned series ends at five, but I will post annotated script files afterwards.

Jerdog

That was amazing.  You created a whole new game.

I hope others will run with it.

planetfall

Somehow I could beat it this time around, even though it seems exactly the same as the testing version. :P As all the others have said, excellent work. Though the "powered by holy water" clue was a little too subtle.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

warren

Quotethe "powered by holy water" clue was a little too
Probably because it was not intended as a clue. I rebalanced shields for this system, then added a mandatory mention in dialogue.

Thanks for the positive feedback several people.

EDIT:
Quoteeven though it seems exactly the same as the testing version.
It almost is. Only two people gave feedback. (stern look)

harrymcb

i don't understand this. can someone explain it?

mzimmer74

Quote from: harrymcb on October 03, 2014, 01:40:17 PM
i don't understand this. can someone explain it?

I have to admit I was a bit confused as well the first time I tried this.  It got much easier once I stopped trying to think of it as a completely new game (even though it plays like one).  You have practically unlimited energy so build up all the different types of weapons.  The various enemies can be taken out by various weapons.  Rather than worrying about which one, just have some of all weapon types.  I built up my walls around the fort so I could keep blasters and snipers on them.  Once I had a larger force, I started to move out toward the "tent".  The tent is the thing you ultimately have to nullify.  Hope that helps a bit.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Karsten75

Choosing various unit names what seems almost randomly confused me a lot. I don't usually like to come to the forum to have to figure out a map - and many Steam players probably never come here.

Even having come here, I can't quite connect the mythology with the underlying CW3 units. I guess this one is going on my "failed to win" list.

Good effort, though.