Custom Map #1275: Omni Fest 4. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, December 10, 2018, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1275: Omni Fest 4

Author: FOXX
Size: 260x260

Desc:
Mire World - Big Map but with 2 Warp Spots. Mire 99% #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #NoEmitters - Only Particles

MisterX

Best one yet, really enjoyed it. Love the variety. Its all like little individual puzzles that make up the whole.

FOXX

Quote from: MisterX on December 11, 2018, 07:46:10 AM
Best one yet, really enjoyed it. Love the variety. Its all like little individual puzzles that make up the whole.

Thanks for the feedback MisterX,

i still enjoy these Omni maps myself so starting on nr5 soon.
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

reddwarf12

Yeah, I love this series - methodical, relaxing, a bit of puzzle solving.

One additional comment: I like that you give at least a little bit of clear space (for instance, in this map on the center circle and around it) to keep rebuilding omnis without having to line them up precisely in every square. Placing them precisely is fun for awhile at the beginning, and is of course inherent to the map's ethos - but after the halfway point, it's good to have a little vacant lot to just plop them down.

I'm just a medium-level player who gets a bit frustrated with some of the expert maps, but I'd say you can even up the challenge on a map like this.

Thanks for making these!

FOXX

Quote from: reddwarf12 on December 13, 2018, 05:50:53 PM
Yeah, I love this series - methodical, relaxing, a bit of puzzle solving.

One additional comment: I like that you give at least a little bit of clear space (for instance, in this map on the center circle and around it) to keep rebuilding omnis without having to line them up precisely in every square. Placing them precisely is fun for awhile at the beginning, and is of course inherent to the map's ethos - but after the halfway point, it's good to have a little vacant lot to just plop them down.

I'm just a medium-level player who gets a bit frustrated with some of the expert maps, but I'd say you can even up the challenge on a map like this.

Thanks for making these!

Thanks for the feedback Reddwarf12,

Atm i have the land layout ready for map 5 - with 2 Circle points in it.
Was thinking of using some bigger ships in an Omni map since a bunch of Omnis with Omni Reactor Tech are pretty powerful but hesitated a bit.
Don't know if i can implement this on map 5 but this gave me a good idea. Probably for map 6.

I'm having a lot of fun making these Omni maps, more then i thought when i started he 1st one but hey. We learn as we go ;)

Thanks for playing.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS