Custom Map #1127: A Proper Death. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, April 10, 2018, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1127: A Proper Death

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 500x144

Desc:
The SSDI is sending its massive fleet into another sector. Will it win? It must! #MassiveShips #LagFest #ItMovesAt29Minutes

Tjgalon

this is hard, as I can't figure out how to finish taking the left side, since engry does not transfer fast enough to the ship, and there no room really to move even with energy range on. I feel like i am stuck in a bit of a stale mate, lol.

Sorrontis

You need to bring your HQ up. Amp Gem your Energy Range, Amp Gem your HQ, there's a couple places where it can sit and transfer energy.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tjgalon

I did not know that was hq ship, nor that it energy transfer, that explain it, lol.

Sorrontis

It's not a requirement to use it, but it makes life easier. All your major ships have been outfitted with massive amounts of storage and guppies so that they can hit and run the enemy without being connected to the grid.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tjgalon

the large ships just use up their energy so quickly, and the amout of energy they expell fighting, can't be refilled easily, even when in range, which was leaving be a bit deadlock, even though I manage to take the two emiter north and south on the left side, lol

Sorrontis

Ah, but did you leave all the weapons on? sometimes, a ship is good particle absorber. ;)

ChaosMaster130

Woohoo, I managed to beat Sorrontis's time  ;D
But yeah,
Spoiler
Use the big guys as meat-shields while you cap the flip emitters
[close]
Spoiler
Also the big enemy ship is less scary if you can aggro it early so it starts moving around before it can fully build/charge up. after that you can backdoor the enemy emitters to make the map a quick clean up
[close]
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Sorrontis

Lisimba

Good map, feels like a tough fight.

Spoiler
I was slow taking the land because I tried out a few tactics and didn't want to restart once I found the best one. Then, the big ship was about ready so I figured I'd wait it out. I half expected it to come in and wreck my fleet so I'd have to do some heroic ramming actions, but it turns out your ships combined are actually stronger and can just shoot it dead.
[close]

Spoiler
...I looked on all ships for energy distribution capability, didn't find any, figured I'd have to do it with the batteries and guppies on the ships. I looked on all ships, that is, except for the bloody HQ :D
[close]

I've beaten all your maps now and had a great time, and I've definitely become better at playing the game. Will you make more?  ;D

Sorrontis

Thanks for playing all my maps. I am planning on coming back to both CW3 & PF map making, but I have been under a bit of pressure at work. Not much time lately. Hopefully soon.

CyberDyneSystems

Well , .. it was over a year ago that I first tried this map (and failed to finish, giving up in frustration)
A short time later I tried with a mix of included vessels and few of my own ships,. what i considered to be ringers, but in reality Sorrontis' vessels were mostly much bigger and I don't know if other than the familiarity my ships brought, they actually had any advantage.

I gave up again..

Fast forward a year later, Particle fleet custom maps have mostly dried up, (everyone must be off playing with the CW4 alpha?) and I am digging around looking for maps I missed the first time around, and I came across this monstrosity!
I loaded up a saved game, and recalled that I had given up after the big ship had wreaked havoc, but my save was well before that. It was actually a decent place to try to recover from.

This map is Brutal. Unforgiving. Relentless. My time on it is terrible, it is on the sandbox fleet scores, . though as I mention, still mostly the included ships,. If only I had included my mega lathe titan ship,. but I didn't all I had was the included "Y fighter" lathes,. but I made it through in the end.

It took me a year, but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!  8) :o :-* !!!

thanks for another GONZO Map Sorrontis. Wish you were still making them.

Sorrontis

You're most welcome. I'm glad you came back! Unfortunately. I've been focusing on real life and making my own game. Still around, poking my head in here and there :)