What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 30, 2013, 08:57:25 PM
Quote from: Otterbear on November 30, 2013, 08:48:20 PM
I would like to be able (if possible), to rotate the map. Maybe not all 360deg but to be able to "Flip" horizontal and vertical. For some reason I like to work from the left side or bottom of maps. It is a little discombobulating for me to work top down or left to right. (But maybe I'm the only one with this sort of mental issue. :) )

Just rotate your monitor, either physically, or though the driver software. You're welcome. :)
Not everyone can do that; I know I can't with my system, and as I use a laptop I can't rotate the monitor. But flipping the screen would mess with screen-based CRPL and a trove of other stuff.

Otterbear

I do have the ability to use my video driver software to turn my screen(Thank you, Karsten75), hadn't occurred to me to do so. (I'm sure that would play havoc with my ability to select units and such, but it could be done I guess.).
I forgot that a lot of the Code is tied to locations on the map so I guess it would take a bit of work to re-align everything in the background, should you want to create the ability to rotate. Probably not on the front burner at the moment. Thanks for the friendly reminder CleanOnion.

teknotiss

i would like 2 more things
1 sequential targeting for berthas, ie set target 1,2,3,4 and then the bertha will fire in sequence or a zone of fire square the player can draw, inside which the bertha/s  fire at the deepest creeper
2 level "11" terrain, map editable terrain height that allows for no creeper or Digi to cross, but can be lowered by terps (perhaps default so players can't terp to level 11 unless the mapper allows it), if lowered any Digi can connect and grow as it's just terrain from then on.

2 is especially important, since it would allow for the best bit of CW2, chambers of high density, without having to CRPL things in.  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grayzzur

Quote from: teknotiss on December 11, 2013, 05:25:32 PM
...without having to CRPL things in.  8)

Ahh, but that's the main advantage of CRPL -- to allow us to do things Virgil didn't envision without him having to go in and put in extra support for it in the game.

1 would be nice. Kind of like how the Big Bertha cannons on Total Annihilation worked, you could queue targets.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

pawel345

It would be cool to enable other things than just snipers and nullifiers to target CPRL cores. At least beams as more and more CPRL units are "flying" units.
And to enable more packet/resource control like aether and AC and ability to send packets(It has been said somwhere and seems to take more work than just enabling a new function so I guess we will have to wait for a while for that).

Volix

In terraform mode it would be nice to have the keys 1-0 change the terrain level setting.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Volix on December 16, 2013, 08:48:54 PM
In terraform mode it would be nice to have the keys 1-0 change the terrain level setting.
And for that matter, the terrain level in the world editor. It would also be nice to be able to press some keys to change the brush size.

Ringo

Ahh, but that's the main advantage of CRPL -- to allow us to do things Virgil didn't envision without him having to go in and put in extra support for it in the game.

True but there is those of us that are very very bad at CRPL things up and in. Even whats on the wiki i am currently unable to CRPL even the examples in.

Two more things i would like to see.

Add a either a 2nd page to the forge upgrades or a direct unit upgrade when you click that unit. And the option to disable one of these pages in the editor. These could help but also have a negative effect to the gameplay. If you upgrade to many and don't have the power to hold them.

Say damage upgrade to units. This would also cause those units to take more power and or slow the fire rate.  Maybe more hp or a shield (either area or just to that unit).

Say a blaster does 20 damage (idk for sure what it does just pulling numbers here) upgrades would do say 30 damage, 40 damage, 50 damage.
Add a upgrade for how much ammo a unit holds

I know the forge is not really used other then a few upgrades and the black hole weapon but it would be nice.

Forges black hole weapon. Change to where you have a choice of 25%, 50%, etc you could type in say 250 units of arthea, etc up to however much arthea you got.

And set the stafer/bomber attack path and not just the point like say going up a digtail no across it.

I would like to see combo weapons (think stafer/bomber combo). Say put them in the editor and the campaign maps after you beat the game/map you could back and play with them.

Switch off/on or set the switch effect of creeper to ac.

Runners target flying/moving units which cause them to crash with damage from the fall.

Something that we can not shoot/connect across. But could fly over strafers/bombers/moving units but would have to go around to link up with the power network.

I know they are CRPL but still be nice cause like i said some of us are not good with CRPL.

Relli

Quote from: Ringo on December 18, 2013, 05:28:48 PM
And set the stafer/bomber attack path and not just the point like say going up a digtail no across it.
This part already exists. You just have to click and drag instead of just clicking. No CRPL required.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Ringo on December 18, 2013, 05:28:48 PM
Runners target flying/moving units which cause them to crash with damage from the fall.
Now this is a feature I would like to see. But it'd have to be an option on runner nests that the map maker manually enables, to avoid messing with previous maps.

JonneeG

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or if there's a reason against it, but i'd like to see a DMD style graphic on custom maps showing the emitters, spore towers resources etc. before playing a map.

MadMag

Clean0nion

Quote from: JonneeG on December 25, 2013, 03:40:53 PM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or if there's a reason against it, but i'd like to see a DMD style graphic on custom maps showing the emitters, spore towers resources etc. before playing a map.

Yes, and yes, and more yes. And for that matter, the little logos that appear on DMD previews should also appear on CS previews.

JonneeG

I'm trying not to sound like a spoiled child here, because CW is so great already, and again if these were already suggested, I'm just seconding them,

In the editor I would like to see those CW1 pink walls, the ability to pit creeper directly onto a map, and a button to get rid of all human buildings

Kharnellius

Please give sniper towers a different silhouette.  It's impossible to tell them apart from cannons when you send a large group of guns cross-country.  I normally just send a group then rearrange on the fly how they will land, but it is very hard to do so when they use the same green outline.