Custom Map #1382: SUPER DRONE

Started by AutoPost, August 24, 2012, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1382: SUPER DRONE

Author: yum234

Desc:

bla3

I have to disagree with teknotiss' reaction. I don't find these kinds of maps fun at all. 7500 health, and multiple at that? That's not fun. At best it's tedious, and at worst (where I'm sitting) it's needlessly frustrating.

mpp

You don't need to fight multiple "super" drones if you do thing right...

a

Excellent levels makes yum234. I spend a lot of time for them to put the record.

Helper

@bla3 -
The game gives you about all of the energy and techs you need to build the weapons needed to win.

It is going to take a lot of DB time to kill that (one) Drone coming after you.
How can you force the Drone to travel a very long path in the face of DB power?
If you think it through a bit, you can be hitting it with DB rays while it is both coming and going.

Try to not let the games frustrate you. There is always someone around who has figured it out and is willing to offer some help.
If you need more, just post back.

Coradon

I enjoyed this map. Had to kill 6 of the Super Drones and it was a race to keep rebuilding DB's and mirrors, along with turning rifts on and off AND managing power. One of the few maps I would replay. +1 vote. Keep em coming!

Helper

This game was released only yesterday, but if there is interest in "a" solution, I will post a screen shot of one way to finish this in less than 5 minutes (and killing only 1 SUPER DRONE).

toastkid

Quote from: bla3 on August 24, 2012, 10:11:54 PM
I have to disagree with teknotiss' reaction. I don't find these kinds of maps fun at all. 7500 health, and multiple at that? That's not fun. At best it's tedious, and at worst (where I'm sitting) it's needlessly frustrating.
Agree with teknotiss, you didn't do it right.  Have another go and aim to get a sub 7 minute time.

bla3

Quote from: Helper on August 25, 2012, 07:19:35 AM
@bla3 -
The game gives you about all of the energy and techs you need to build the weapons needed to win.

It is going to take a lot of DB time to kill that (one) Drone coming after you.
How can you force the Drone to travel a very long path in the face of DB power?
If you think it through a bit, you can be hitting it with DB rays while it is both coming and going.

Try to not let the games frustrate you. There is always someone around who has figured it out and is willing to offer some help.
If you need more, just post back.

You guys misunderstood. I didn't not like map because I didn't understand it. I don't like it because I *do* understand it. I don't like ridiculous drones. I have never have. 7500 health is about 7000 too much, and since the drone is the point of the map... well, I don't like it. I'm fine with other people liking it. I approve, in fact - if you enjoyed this map and had a good time playing it, that's great.

I didn't.

pocketdare

Should be called Superdrone(s)

Anyway... short, sweet and clever. That's exactly how most maps should be. I'm in this for the 10-15 minute diversions... not the 100 minute slog fests. Nice and interesting. Keep up the good work.