Started by AutoPost, October 27, 2011, 03:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #372: Fun House

Author: TonyP2000

Desc:
For those who like tricks, and traps!

UmberGryphon

Another map you can trivially screw up by destroying the rift that knows how to break the unbreakable obstacles... why do mapmakers think this is a good idea?

Gambit1775

See... I saw that ahead of time.  Map makers could ask "Why do players not think of that ahead of time?"  I can see how it would be annoying.  Certainly not a map that you can go for record time on your first try.  Great job.  More maps!

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: UmberGryphon on October 27, 2011, 04:07:18 AM
Another map you can trivially screw up by destroying the rift that knows how to break the unbreakable obstacles... why do mapmakers think this is a good idea?

That's why I suggested in the mod comments to save often. I did the same thing, but was able to go back a couple of minutes and make the correction.

Kithros

Personally I don't understand the urge to use gateways to destroy the undiggable terrain - to me I would only use it as a form of a timer (or potentially for actual puzzle maps), it's almost always easy to reorganize the map and make the terrain just normal diggable terrain except at the position of the gateway. To me it just seems to make the map more complicated than it needs to be without adding anything to it.

TonyP2000

Personally, I this was just map that I quickly put together in between studying for midterms. I thought I would try a couple of new things in it, including the enemy packets and solid terrain.  It was meant to be a trap that if you have the room with the solid wall that is targeted to be dug open, it will release the hoard of drones and creeper inside.
Vote Tony!

Meander

Had great fun with this map, I saved it after clearing each square and I wish I had looked better before continuing to the next ;)

Checking every option before going to the next square is the key to win :)

bweenie

lol, the first time i got caught by the horde of drones, but the second time i built MILLIONS of blasters

lich98

Awesome map. Had fun playing and beating it. A map to play again!
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Katra

The room with the gateway removed undiggable terrain can be accessed from the other end.

The horde of drones got me once. I had carefully placed an AC barrier between gateways and the dig site - and forgot to deactivate my micro rift.  ::) Fortunately I had saved before attacking the room the dig packet comes from.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Junk303

Hi,
Nice map, but I'm stuck in front of the "last" chamber (the one with five drones emitter and three creep emitters).
I see pieces of undiggable walls, with a blue cross on theme, but I can't see how to break them...

Any help ?

Kithros

Quote from: Junk303 on January 06, 2012, 12:16:26 PM
Hi,
Nice map, but I'm stuck in front of the "last" chamber (the one with five drones emitter and three creep emitters).
I see pieces of undiggable walls, with a blue cross on theme, but I can't see how to break them...

Any help ?

Essentially you need to let a gateway dig through them, if you've nullified all the digging gateways you can't win. I consider the digging through solid terrain to be a bit silly in most maps, but for some reason or another map makers seem to love including it in their maps.