Creeper World at Kongregate

Started by knucracker, December 22, 2009, 02:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Cool :)
I cut my as3 teeth on ChopRaider.... it was a load of fun to make.
Btw, the Pilot isn't dead...

nic nac

Quote from: JohnSteel on December 23, 2009, 02:59:33 PM
How do you beat the Bowl level? Quite honestly I think this level suffers from some really poor game design. The other levels were very easy to beat but this one I literally have done over 15 times so far.
I build two lines of collectors, one left, one right, to the valley. then climb the cliffs on both sides by building to the north.
two mortars that reach into the rift and carefull expanding and this level is a cakewalk.

oh... I existensively use the queuing option (pause in the first second of the game and carefully planning the layout).
logical S... means big S... - me

Aurzel

in every map its always a good idea to pause when it starts and check it out and plan your first few buildings, saves you panicking from the early creeper movements

Kamron3

Registered and rated 5-stars out of 5. :)

Awesomely it has a 4.68 rating :D

_k

djcian

creeper world is also close to winning the monthly contest on Kongregate and winning 1500$. come on just a little bit higher rating until it surpasses infectonator
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Kamron3

:O! Whoa lets win it for him and see if we can get some money too ^_^

nic nac

I want more maps for the kong version - and some badges ^^
He could even kick battalion's arse with creeper world.
its actualy the first tdg I fully like.
logical S... means big S... - me

Aurzel

Kamron3

I agree. The more this game gets covered the more money Virgil makes. It's all about the money!
:)

_k

djcian

creeper world is now 1st in the contest!  it is so close
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

lol kamron, you're a depressing realist, cant you pretend its for the community? you know for the kiddies to believe in something :P

Kamron3

WOOOOT!

Let's go Creeper World!

_k

Gargmel

How do you beat the Bowl level? Quite honestly I think this level suffers from some really poor game design. The other levels were very easy to beat but this one I literally have done over 15 times so far.
I quickly rushed with collectors to get the drones, then made a "T" out of collectors on the ridge and on the second level, then set up 3 blasters to hold off the creeper. Then, in the bottom of the bowl i built around 40 reactors, 10 storage, 6 speed packs, and 15 drones. then i "bombed the snot" out of the creeper till i could set up morters, and blasters on the creeper ridge.....the rest is history

thomaswarner

I couldn't win in the bottom, so I moved up to the lip of the bowl. (If it matters, I did it on the right.) First I got the tech and the artifact, then built a mortor to destroy the right side. Then I built collectors and reactors to make energy, and a drone, and I built one or two speed things. When the drone was done, I sent it to the left pit. This stopped it from flowing into the bowl. I kept repeating this for a while, also building one blaster to get rid of the creeper that fell into the bowl. Later, I built a mortor that I moved over to the left after the drone bombed. I connected It to my network. Then I just moved in with blasters to get the totems. I should probably try to beat it without moving Odin City.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I like the training sim better than the demo download. Anyone else with me?

I was just on Kongregate, CW was winning, but maybe we can vote bad for the cometing games. ;)
The contest's over in a few hours, anyway.
Virgil, if we win can I get a free game? :D

knucracker

I really appreciate all of the positive and 5 star votes I have gotten from the community.  It honors me and the uncountable hours I have put into this game and continue to put into it.  I am very appreciative and I'd like everyone to know that.

But please don't down-vote any other game.  Others have worked hard on their games and when they are good you should vote on them objectively and fairly.  Honor and mutual respect requires this.

Besides, CW will probably get 1st or 2nd and so will Infectonator.... both are positions of accomplishment and I'm going to be pleased no matter how it works out.  Heck, I didn't even expect to be in the top 10 when I posted the game... I was convinced that it was too serious of a game and too involved to attract much attention.  But the flash game community has raised their bar and are accepting of more involved games... so I'm surprised and pleased to be wrong :)