Custom Map #1505: FORWARD TO VICTORY!

Started by AutoPost, October 03, 2012, 02:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1505: FORWARD TO VICTORY!

Author: yum234

Desc:
Use helps from Anti-Creeper Emitters and be careful with healthy drones, please! Good luck!

TypoNinja

J

High health drones are mostly meant to give a challenge. If you don't like it, simply play another map, accept the challenge and/or explain why it doesn't fit in this map, the last thing helps map makers a lot! :)

teknotiss

1 DBeam on a switchback got it with about 5 squares to go, no worries! 8)
if there's a high health drone or powerful emitter ctrl-c to save and give it a go, i you fail then ctrl-v to reload and try again with a new strategy.  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

TypoNinja

Quote from: teknotiss on October 03, 2012, 06:44:14 PM
1 DBeam on a switchback got it with about 5 squares to go, no worries! 8)
if there's a high health drone or powerful emitter ctrl-c to save and give it a go, i you fail then ctrl-v to reload and try again with a new strategy.  ;)

Oh I'm no stranger to save slumming, I just think there's a fine line between challenge and annoyance, drones usually cross it for me. Much like phantoms I feel like they rarely ever add anything to a map except an inconvenience. I have never played a map and then thought to my self "Wow those drones were awesome" or "hey this map needed more phantoms". I usually just deal with them and then enjoy the rest of the map. On the other hand, when I decide to quit a map because I'm not enjoying it, its almost always the drones that inspire that. There are a lot of maps that I would play and enjoy except for the drones. This looks like another one.