Assign additional resources to Particle Fleet

Started by sigourneyanderson, September 06, 2021, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigourneyanderson

Hi All,

I'm getting massive lag (like single digit FPS) in many of the larger maps and all of the newer "Good Morning" custom-scipt omni maps.

It's really awful, and I'm not sure how to fix it short of rebuilding my computer.

Is there a way to assign additional resources to Particle Fleet or enable multi-threading or something to improve performance?

Thanks in advance!!!

Karsten75

The design intent for Particle Fleet was for far fewer particles than you would find on most custom maps.

It's been a long time and my recollection of most things Particle Fleet are kind-of hazy. Maybe Good Morning (who is still around) will please a comment regarding his maps. I would not want to muddy the waters with an inaccurate recollection.

Other than that I'd jsut say that there is not really much that can be done to improve the game performance. Depending of course, if you are playing it on a potato, in that case an upgrade might be beneficial. :) However, bear in mind that PF does not multi-thread.

GoodMorning

I have to apologise for the (in)efficiency of those scripts, but I'd upgraded the code (after FOXX, yum, and a few others started using them). The lag there seems to come from finding the right spot to mire on the horribly complicated landmasses those maps tend to have.

I have the same lag to deal with, so you're not alone.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.