Inappropriate behavior on map submissions

Started by Karsten75, September 30, 2020, 08:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Some players, for whatever reason, put inappropriate or offensive names in their map scores or when they name a DMD map.

If you come across such an instance, please report it in this thread and it will be investigated and appropriate action taken.

As a reminder, interacting with the server(s) at knucklecracker.com is a privilege and not a right.

Also note: please do not report ultra-low scores on maps anymore. We are aware that people can and will cheat and then upload those scores. However, repeatedly removing those scores serve little lasting  purpose.  In future games we will approach displaying scores somewhat differently so the cheat scores will not remain at the top of the tables indefinitely.

Helper

CS 8912.
The "Mother" of all F-bombs weighing in at 1:58:12.

Helper

CS 8953
Oedipus is back.

(Currently in #32 spot.)

Helper

Helper

K75 - you think you're funny putting my name in amongst that garbage?

Karsten75

Quote from: Helper on October 22, 2020, 08:28:17 PM
K75 - you think you're funny putting my name in amongst that garbage?

What have I done? I don't understand?

Helper

I post notification that some jerk used the name bourbonmotherF*CKER and now the name is bourbonmotherHELPER.
And you don't know what I'm talking about?
Right.

Helper

And again.
CS 8912
" bourbonmotherHELPER." at #16.

knucracker

This doesn't have anything to do with K75. I periodically sweep through the database and either delete scores with certain names, or alter them. It's a script that does it. I sometimes replace certain string sequences. I've done it with certain historical figures, political names, and sometimes offensive language. It can often be more effective to turn a name into something humorous, rather than just deleting the name.

In the most recent instance, I replaced permutations of "f*ck" with "help". As in "Help it", "Helping Map", "This is Helping hard". etc.  It doesn't have anything to do with your username.  If it's bothersome, I can change it do a different verb.

Helper

OK. Coming from you, I'll believe it.
I thought it was just one more example of him never missing a chance to take a cheap shot at me, and me never missing a chance to show my a$$ when he gets my goat.
Feel free to delete it all if you like.

Karsten75

Quote from: Helper on October 23, 2020, 01:59:22 PM
OK. Coming from you, I'll believe it.
I thought it was just one more example of him never missing a chance to take a cheap shot at me, and me never missing a chance to show my a$$ when he gets my goat.
Feel free to delete it all if you like.

An apology would ne nice.