Custom Map #1601: Omni 6. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, October 29, 2020, 04:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Agreed, it felt like a glitch that it would ever work - even with a fleet-worth of guns assisting. But it must have worked for FOXX.

A dozen omnis (about 4 each) still should have trouble opposing one of those 80-towers (even with cannon assistance), and that's without the mire-warp causing a bottleneck.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on November 05, 2020, 05:12:09 PM
I've never encountered a problem with them before, though.
Me neither. As mentioned the issue i had was the Mirewarp's settings not working when overmired. (the reason why the 2nd Mirewarp is spawned in, which works)
Made the setup so that when the 2nd Mirewarp is spawned in there are enough Omni's on specific island for overmiring the other side.

QuoteI think maybe moving forward, make it a realistic application, though. There were some big mire totem things on that island that the warp + 7 or whatever omnis were just never going to be able to put a dent in. Trying to warp the mire from a handful of omnis vs a +100 red mire tower thing just isn't gonna happen, and may be part of the problem here?
This is a negative because here is where the Mirewarp script shines. In the settings you can change the amount of particles warped, the delay time and the strength increase. With these settings you can make the Mirewarp very strong. (didn't test how strong it can get but sure tested each Mirewarp setup i made)

But if something gives issues for players i think better leave it out because i am not able to fix this issue myself.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on November 05, 2020, 07:18:01 PM
Agreed, it felt like a glitch that it would ever work - even with a fleet-worth of guns assisting. But it must have worked for FOXX.
Yes, i have used this setup (spawning in the 2nd Mirewarp) more then once and for me it worked.
I have noticed that sometimes the 1st Mirewarp gets destroyed and sometimes not. What triggers this i have no clue.

QuoteA dozen omnis (about 4 each) still should have trouble opposing one of those 80-towers (even with cannon assistance), and that's without the mire-warp causing a bottleneck.
See previous message for info.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Ash

I saw it happen once where the bottom mirewarp wouldn't work.  I can reproduce it by just using one omni to mire the island.  The one omni can kill the emitter, but it will kill the emitter before it overmires the mirewarp.  After that, the mirewarp wont die and you can't mire the adjacent island no matter how many omnis you use.

Hope this helps figure out how to resolve.

Great maps Foxx!

n3s

Quote from: FOXX on November 06, 2020, 10:40:09 AM
Quote from: GoodMorning on November 05, 2020, 07:18:01 PM
Yes, i have used this setup (spawning in the 2nd Mirewarp) more then once and for me it worked.
I have noticed that sometimes the 1st Mirewarp gets destroyed and sometimes not. What triggers this i have no clue.

QuoteA dozen omnis (about 4 each) still should have trouble opposing one of those 80-towers (even with cannon assistance), and that's without the mire-warp causing a bottleneck.
See previous message for info.

Hey speaking of which, I forget which map it was, but one of your semi recent maps had a struc maker (the little black 'M' in space, not on land) in the bottom left corner that pretty much gets destroyed immediately upon map load. You can see its health decrease and no matter what you do, you can't save it.

Or at least, I couldn't, and I tried all kinds of things because for some reason the struc maker + FPAF struc making is a big part of why I like these maps. I just like drawing lines of struc and having them kill or distract enemy energy sources, etc.
Greets,
FOXX

FOXX

Quote from: Ash on November 06, 2020, 04:07:17 PM
I saw it happen once where the bottom mirewarp wouldn't work.  I can reproduce it by just using one omni to mire the island.  The one omni can kill the emitter, but it will kill the emitter before it overmires the mirewarp.  After that, the mirewarp wont die and you can't mire the adjacent island no matter how many omnis you use.

Hope this helps figure out how to resolve.
Yes, not enough Omni's was the only thing i could think of.
Sounds like logical feedback.

QuoteGreat maps Foxx!
Thanks Ash,
Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on November 07, 2020, 09:13:20 PM
Hey speaking of which, I forget which map it was, but one of your semi recent maps had a struc maker (the little black 'M' in space, not on land) in the bottom left corner that pretty much gets destroyed immediately upon map load. You can see its health decrease and no matter what you do, you can't save it.

Or at least, I couldn't, and I tried all kinds of things because for some reason the struc maker + FPAF struc making is a big part of why I like these maps. I just like drawing lines of struc and having them kill or distract enemy energy sources, etc..
Yeah, those invisible strucmakers get destroyed if they are in contact with mired land. That map was probably the map i figured this out :)
And if i don't forget about it, EditStruc is very useful. Ideal for protecting energy mines.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

n3s

Quote from: FOXX on November 08, 2020, 10:07:16 AM
Quote from: n3s on November 07, 2020, 09:13:20 PM

Or at least, I couldn't, and I tried all kinds of things because for some reason the struc maker + FPAF struc making is a big part of why I like these maps. I just like drawing lines of struc and having them kill or distract enemy energy sources, etc..
Yeah, those invisible strucmakers get destroyed if they are in contact with mired land. That map was probably the map i figured this out :)
And if i don't forget about it, EditStruc is very useful. Ideal for protecting energy mines.

Greets,
FOXX

Definitely good for protecting mines and even landmass "shores", but I also like using it offensively if there is enough struc generation. (like adding together the power of the FPAF, a strucmaker 'M', and flip emitters that have generate struc turned on) - you can draw a line to an enemy energy mine and have a good chance of destroying it, which can be strategic if it's feeding a cannon/gun emplacement or a shipyard or something.

And it's just an enjoyable part of the map experience to draw in struc and have it be built. I don't know why I like it so much.

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on November 09, 2020, 03:45:47 PM
Definitely good for protecting mines and even landmass "shores", but I also like using it offensively if there is enough struc generation. (like adding together the power of the FPAF, a strucmaker 'M', and flip emitters that have generate struc turned on) - you can draw a line to an enemy energy mine and have a good chance of destroying it, which can be strategic if it's feeding a cannon/gun emplacement or a shipyard or something.
I can say nothing else that this is the way that system is intended :)
And how i use it if i don't forget.

QuoteAnd it's just an enjoyable part of the map experience to draw in struc and have it be built. I don't know why I like it so much.
The way it generates i guess.

Greets,
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!