Custom Map #1395: Blue Vs Red 3. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, June 09, 2019, 01:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1395: Blue Vs Red 3

Author: FOXX
Size: 388x364

Desc:
In this map it's Blue Vs Red Particles mainly. Lots of Enemy Ships, Doppels & Particles. With Stunners. Mire 100% #LandValueUp #EmergentUp #EditStruc #Mover by GoodMorning #ParticlesOverMiredLand #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis

AbTech

Pretty slow start, those side islands are very well defended, but once I had them I managed to roll over the rest of the map

Jim359

wow, you brought the pain  ;)
I'm still trying to beat it, had to take a break.  Gave up on first game.  10 minutes (timer) into second attempt and I have just taken the right side isle.  Damn cannon ship just showed up and is eating all my ships guarding home base

Jim359

I gave up on attempt two.  The cannon ships just keep coming right into my base areas and just smashing the F*** out of everything.  This is by far the hardest map I have ever seen.  I can only think there is some aspect of the game I have yet to learn. I am thus failing to use that missing "knowledge" and getting my butt handed to me and am unable to advance.  Maybe I'll try for a third time tomorrow. 

Hat's off Sir on the new map.  I have changed named from Map #1395 too "Ball Buster".

FOXX

Quote from: Jim359 on June 09, 2019, 10:35:25 PM
I gave up on attempt two.  The cannon ships just keep coming right into my base areas and just smashing the F*** out of everything.  This is by far the hardest map I have ever seen.  I can only think there is some aspect of the game I have yet to learn. I am thus failing to use that missing "knowledge" and getting my butt handed to me and am unable to advance.  Maybe I'll try for a third time tomorrow. 

Hat's off Sir on the new map.  I have changed named from Map #1395 too "Ball Buster".
The Bue Vs Red concept has grown out of control ;)
This map requires your emitters to make progress. Your order is the way i did.
First right island then left island then move up through the middle and an option is to spread outwards if to much danger from emitters or ships.
When i reached the top i cleared out the right top side (including mirespawners and land units) and after this i could start miring the land with Omni's and particles. (It's possible to get your particles through the fields at the top by placing a Grabber ship(s) close to the field.

Don't overbuild in the beginning. (i started with Latheship, Tanker and 1 grabber. Followed by another grabber before the discharger ship)
Get your Omni's up to take out the emitter on the right side and if you have destroyed the 2 mirespawners on that piece of land you can overmire the right side of land with your 5 Omni's and your particles.

Hints

- I put the first 2 AmPgems on Omni Reactor and Mine production increase. Then Move/Build Speed en the 4th on Emitter Control.
- Use Edit Struc to make the TiconDefenseGuns shoot at that and you can use EditStruc to take ut enemy mines.
[close]

If you still have trouble finishing this map i can post some starting pictures.
Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Jim359

Is it possible you accidentally turned something on after you beat it?  Map has been up for 24 hours or so now. Only two others besides you have beat it.  The other two times go from one hour twenty minutes to over two hours for the second one.  Only three people beat it so far.  Any chance you'd have time to play the map again? 

Jage-

First I must say I usually love your maps FOXX, keep doing the great work.

This however I don't like. Nothing to defend with against the big MK7 ships and no room for error, if they get you once you can't recover and have to start from beginning as the clear your whole fleet.
(Does anyone have the modes actually work for emitters? Mine has no effect if you set them to Collect/Project/OFF)
I know I could beat it if I keep trying, I just can't be bothered to try hard enough specially with all the great maps currently available.

Jim359

Yeah, this map has gone into the realm of insanity.  I don't know how you possibly beat it in 20'ish minutes.  I'm throwing in the towel.

CyberDyneSystems

FOXX

Quote from: Jim359 on June 10, 2019, 12:16:31 PM
Is it possible you accidentally turned something on after you beat it? 
No and i believe that is not possible after uploading to change anything.

QuoteMap has been up for 24 hours or so now. Only two others besides you have beat it.  The other two times go from one hour twenty minutes to over two hours for the second one.  Only three people beat it so far.  Any chance you'd have time to play the map again?

Yes, later on today i have time. The start is most important so i could make some screenshots and post here later on.

Greets FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: Jage- on June 10, 2019, 02:01:34 PM
First I must say I usually love your maps FOXX, keep doing the great work.
Thanks Jage, appreciate that.

QuoteThis however I don't like. Nothing to defend with against the big MK7 ships and no room for error, if they get you once you can't recover and have to start from beginning as the clear your whole fleet.
(Does anyone have the modes actually work for emitters? Mine has no effect if you set them to Collect/Project/OFF)
I know I could beat it if I keep trying, I just can't be bothered to try hard enough specially with all the great maps currently available.
This map started out as a test and kind of grew into this behemoth. Waayy harder then usual so i can see why you don't like this one. Next map will be more as usual.
I'll have some screenshots here later on today.
For the incoming enemy ships -> I aimed the emitters on them and when they get hit by some particles they will retreat to heal. Later on (halfway the map) you have more particles at hand to take those ships out so they have to rebuild.
And What do you mean by : 'Does anyone have the modes actually work for emitters?'

Greets FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Jim359

And What do you mean by : 'Does anyone have the modes actually work for emitters?'

Greets FOXX

I'm not sure what he means.  But most of my emitters (the big blue stationary spots that shoot out little blue balls) have stopped working.  IE there is no blue dots coming out making my games impossible it seems.

Builder17

Quote from: Jim359 on June 11, 2019, 10:16:17 AM
I'm not sure what he means.  But most of my emitters (the big blue stationary spots that shoot out little blue balls) have stopped working.  IE there is no blue dots coming out making my games impossible it seems.

Most likely reason for that is total particle limit, when it fills both red and blue particles stop increasing until some are destroyed.

Jage-

Quote from: FOXX on June 11, 2019, 07:40:25 AM

Greets FOXX

When you have the amp gem set on "emitter control" you can obviously control the direction.
Besides the direction, choosing an emitter gives you a "menu" where you can choose a mode for that emitter (Collect/Project/OFF).
I would think they should function as described, but those have never worked for me even with original maps.
It would be very useful if you could turn OFF "unnecessary" emitters to avoid the particle limit.

Jim359

Besides the direction, choosing an emitter gives you a "menu" where you can choose a mode for that emitter (Collect/Project/OFF).

Most likely reason for that is total particle limit, when it fills both red and blue particles stop increasing until some are destroyed.

Ohhhhhhh.  I did not know this.  Thank You.