Custom Map #794: AK47. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, May 31, 2017, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOXX

I have tried your strategy and it worked for me also. I didn't finish the map i just wanted to see if it would give a better time and i came to the conclusion that it does.
If you play this map starting with the energy source under the top right corner then go down you can have 2 build positions in the south of the map.
But the cheat comes later in the game so if you can combine these 2 things i wonder what the resulting time can be.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

GoodMorning

I have a solution: Ignore the "targets" and play a normal game. The limiting factor is largely how fast one can get lathes around and about. The first target is not set as a mission goal.

On a side note, it's mildly irritating and mildly amusing when a new Emitter spawns under a captured mine, surrounded by blue armoured Struc, and the lathes turn back to get it. On the one hand, it's an easy recapture, or the other, it distracts from the real business of the day.

I'm not sure what is supposed to happen at the end, but I had a mine lathe in range of the final spawn (having beaten the map before touching the visible customs), which I think might have broken something. I assume it's not supposed to sit there as a default-looking Core?

As to your "cheat", if it's a matter of good play, I would predict where it will be and warp/Omni/prebuild to get a lathe in there fast.

Edit: Also, I seem to recall that there's a bug where a script-spawned Progenitor has one frame upon spawning where a scratch from a lathe is an instant kill.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on June 02, 2017, 08:25:35 PM
I have a solution: Ignore the "targets" and play a normal game. The limiting factor is largely how fast one can get lathes around and about. The first target is not set as a mission goal.
This i consider as a little error of me. I should have set the target to Mission Goal.

QuoteOn a side note, it's mildly irritating and mildly amusing when a new Emitter spawns under a captured mine, surrounded by blue armoured Struc, and the lathes turn back to get it. On the one hand, it's an easy recapture, or the other, it distracts from the real business of the day.

I'm not sure what is supposed to happen at the end, but I had a mine lathe in range of the final spawn (having beaten the map before touching the visible customs), which I think might have broken something. I assume it's not supposed to sit there as a default-looking Core?
:)
With the last Default looking core i used the same code for showing the target image on the core but for some reason the last target didn't work.
I try to solve it but in the end i did not manage so that is the reason it shows as a default core.

QuoteAs to your "cheat", if it's a matter of good play, I would predict where it will be and warp/Omni/prebuild to get a lathe in there fast.
This is SOOOO close to the cheat GM.  I will say that the Targets don't need to be Lathe. They vanish because of a Proximity range.

QuoteEdit: Also, I seem to recall that there's a bug where a script-spawned Progenitor has one frame upon spawning where a scratch from a lathe is an instant kill.
I can recall the same, was with one of Decagons Maps.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

I'll a) look at your script(s) later and b) guess that unbuilt bridges are being detected - allowing a quick shift to the final position.

FOXX

Well then. A - Very well
And B - You have cracked the code GM. This is the cheat i'm looking for. :)
       And this works time saving specially with the 3rd Target.
       [with the 3rd target it also works with an unbuild Omni.

So yeah, you can fill in the list on the first page and you can decide how my next image map is going to look like.
I'm interested with what you come up with.

Congratulations GM !!!!!
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

"Take thee a screenshot of the main menu, upon this build thee a game of Omnis and technologies. Further, include thee references abundant, and let thy walls number III. 3 being the number of walls, not one, two or six. Five, also, shall be forbidden. Above all, retain thee not the fourth wall, and flit thee between narratives as one with an ASHPD on a Benden dragon, were thee wearing the One Ring, about to meet Jadis, and experiencing a hypersapce jump while having originated in a Plural sector, in an improbability field located in L-space, without the Arc to guide you."

Make of that what you will. I will be impressed if you can work in references to all of those.

FOXX

GM, what? Really?
All i know for now is that i didn't had to make that list ;)

So, i took all the Capital letters in your text and i got this result -> T O F III F A ASHPD B O R J P L A
This got me nowhere ghehe

OK All jokes aside.

I'm going to do my best of implementing your text to your image map.
On the other side i can also immagine it can be far of the intended ideas.
We will see.
Nevertheless my 4th image map will be your map.
Title = Main Menu.

Ps -> One final question: Would you like to see the progress or the final result?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

I'm generally interested in what you come up with. I was suggesting an Omni/tech based map. The rest of it is a chain of references to various fiction.

Have fun, and if you want any scripts, just ask.

FOXX

Will do :)

I have a map with an image of the main menu which i am making more appealing at the moment.
The other thing i understood from your ideas is that you wanted a Omni map. [i already have a mad idea about this but thats for later]
Tomorrow i think i don't have a lot of time [can change we will see] so my guess is that in a couple of days i have the ideas ready for this map.
Then i will share them here and we will see if we need scripts for this map.
Or if you have further ideas on my ideas.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!