Custom Map #757: Goodnight, Svartmes. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, May 01, 2017, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 13, 2017, 09:26:12 AM
Still stuck at 99%, onnis everywhere, been running for 5 mins, moved the omnis around but no cigar! I hate the mire win condition for exactly this reason, finding that last 0.5% is the most frustrating thing in any game I have ever played!

In order to capture and hols some of the mines I used rock burner underneath, wonder if that has caused the problem. Cannons enabled for the omnis though and they are not targeting anything  :o :-[

Yep, that's the problem. :)

I just looked at my map, and looked around.... there's land under the totems that I thought I had removed. You over rock burned.
That's my bad.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

It's not possible to burn land under the totems either so using rock burner will lead to a no win situaiton. Bummer. rock burning under the mines is a handy strategy on this map.

PS - can you come over and fish my laptop out of the river? And repair the window it went through? ;)

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 13, 2017, 11:09:27 AM
It's not possible to burn land under the totems either so using rock burner will lead to a no win situaiton. Bummer. rock burning under the mines is a handy strategy on this map.

PS - can you come over and fish my laptop out of the river? And repair the window it went through? ;)

My pleasure!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

Tried again and got completition but you have me beat Svartmes!

Difficult map for speed running as there are two factors which are time drainers - the building of the big ship and the final miring of the land, I think sub-10 mins is not possible, possibly a 12 min.

Fun map in the end which encourages unusual approaches, you can't just throw whips at the problem!

svartmes

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 14, 2017, 04:32:38 AM
Tried again and got completition but you have me beat Svartmes!

Difficult map for speed running as there are two factors which are time drainers - the building of the big ship and the final miring of the land, I think sub-10 mins is not possible, possibly a 12 min.

Fun map in the end which encourages unusual approaches, you can't just throw whips at the problem!

Ah yes I was thinking that rockburner tactics could possibly lead to a sub 10 minute time, but since you tried I'm happy with my time and to have won this map (for now)! Thanks for playing along! :)

Johnny Haywire

QuoteAnyone go the route of using the totems?

Is there any way to win without using totems? I surrounded the middle with everything I had but the omnis would never target the central core thingy. Later, after my great-grandchildren graduated from college, I realized there are leeetle totems on the corners so I lathed them then used the mobile power-station ship to activate them.

In seeing the win condition I decided not to try to rock burn anything, figuring maybe it'd throw off the percentage or the computer would explode.

Overall I loved the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Yes, I beat the map without the totems. It was faster for me :)

Johnny Haywire

Huh, that's cool to know. I might try this map again later after I acquire some actual skills. Your maps scare me so I have to borrow my kids' stuffed animals to help soothe my anxiety. Pooh Bear says he loves your maps, btw.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

GoodMorning

Well, I don't know how you got such times. However, I only restarted once. I held the left, was this the easy way?

Not for the first time: "Oh, for a Microtank. Or even a Relay..."
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.