Custom Map #235: yum14 TESTING MAP. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 24, 2016, 11:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #235: yum14 TESTING MAP

Author: yum234
Size: 256x144

Desc:
Test the ability of BIG SHIELD ship in large red structure. Hard, maybe very hard. 4 types of custom ships. #GoodLuck

yum-forum

Testing the ability of combination of custom ships BIG SHIELD, TANK LATHE and FastBOMB in media with red structure and delay of start time of some emitters.
Game hard or maybe very hard!

ATTENTION: Version 1.02 of PF game is required!

Photos of custom ships in attachment.

Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated. Good Luck!  :)

P.S. Attention, please: game need micromanagement (maybe annoying) when You deal with FastBOMBs.
P.P.S. Hint:
Spoiler
If You put 2-3 omnis in left/up and left/bottom lands You can protect red emergent from left
and create safety central part of map.  ;)
[close]
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

WOW! Very stable number 1 rating (from the end) among all maps!  :)

So hard start?

Strat of game not so hard. Hint:

Spoiler
At the start all energy better to use for building OMNIs (at  least select "land production", "omni reactor" and "omni cannon") and FastBOMBs. Send firstly to the left/up land 1 omni (then additional 2). A little later send to left/bottom land 1 omni (then additional 2). So You can protect left part of map from creating red emergent.
In central part of map using cheap FastBOMB You can protect central land from creating red emergent and get stable position. Then step by step build BIG SHIELDs, TANK LATHE, one by one pickup new ships  etc.
[close]
last

KingGladiator88

What the hell is this?

No. Just no. It is impossible. You have 3,000 particles attacking the center part within the first 10 seconds.

Just a few seconds after taking the second reactor you are completely overrun.

Ovalcircle

Quote from: KingGladiator88 on October 24, 2016, 07:56:02 PM
What the hell is this?

No. Just no. It is impossible. You have 3,000 particles attacking the center part within the first 10 seconds.

Rude.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

chwooly

47 downloads and 1 submitted time, That tells me all I need to know about this map. I don't need to look at 1's or 10's.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

ChaosMaster130

I think I see the problem. You said that you delayed of start time of some emitters. But after starting the map I see every emitter going at full power right away.
That probably broke the difficultly level of the map  ???
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

strigvir

Quote from: yum-forum on October 24, 2016, 05:03:42 PM
WOW! Number 1 rating (from the end)!  :)

So hard start?

Strat of game not so hard. Hint:

Spoiler
At the start all energy better to use for building OMNIs (at  least select "land production", "omni reactor" and "omni cannon") and FastBOMBs. Send firstly to the left/up land 1 omni (then additional 2). A little later send to left/bottom land 1 omni (then additional 2). So You can protect left part of map from creating red emergent.
In central part of map using cheap FastBOMB You can protect central land from creating red emergent and get stable position. Then step by step build BIG SHIELDs, TANK LATHE, one by one pickup new ships  etc.
[close]
The fastbomb neither is fast or bomb enough to hold off the waves between explosions.

yum-forum

In attachment details screenshots (part 1) of how to start game (till this time exist only 3 emitters!).
last

yum-forum

In attachment details screenshots (part 2) of how to start game (till this time exist only 3 emitters!).
last

yum-forum

In attachment details screenshots (part 3) of how to start game (till this time exist only 3 emitters!).
last

yum-forum

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on October 24, 2016, 09:32:38 PM
I think I see the problem. You said that you delayed of start time of some emitters. But after starting the map I see every emitter going at full power right away.
That probably broke the difficultly level of the map  ???
Quote from: KingGladiator88 on October 24, 2016, 07:56:02 PM
What the hell is this?

First 4 min working only 3 emitters with total 1500 particle production. Then +1 emitter (500), after 1min one more (500).
How to start - please, see screenshots above.
last

strigvir

Quote from: yum-forum on October 25, 2016, 03:46:04 AM
(till this time exist only 3 emitters!).
How about no?
This is your game at 21 seconds:

This is my game at 21 seconds:

yum-forum

WOW! It is strange. Maybe Your version of PF game not recent?

I have non-Steam version 1.0.2b2.
last

GoodMorning

You are running the 1.02 beta, then. Most people will be running the non-beta 1.01 build, which does not have Emitter delay implemented. When 1.02 comes out of the beta branch, the map will be winnable.

I don't know that the description can be changed to note that V1.02 is required after map upload.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.