Custom Map #146: Unexpected Aid. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 10, 2016, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #146: Unexpected Aid

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 448x180

Desc:
Sector 17f. It was a quiet sector, until that is, particulate matter was detected yesterday. We've learned from our previous mistakes, a full fleet is being dispatched. The progenitors must be destroyed before we can warp out of the sector.

Oblivion

"We've learned from our previous mistakes", Still refuses to make tanky ships.  :( :( :P
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Sorrontis

Quote from: Oblivion on October 10, 2016, 06:48:06 PM
"We've learned from our previous mistakes", Still refuses to make tanky ships.  :( :( :P

Have you seen the Mother 2.0 yet? She's nearly indestructible as long as you have enough energy.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Oblivion

I've seen her now, and hope to use her, eventually.
btw, I thought having more than one shield is redundant except for the little storage they provide since the damage formula only checks for shield once right?

edit: refuses to "send" in tanky ships
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Sorrontis

Quote from: Oblivion on October 10, 2016, 07:26:00 PM
I've seen her now, and hope to use her, eventually.
btw, I thought having more than one shield is redundant except for the little storage they provide since the damage formula only checks for shield once right?

edit: refuses to "send" in tanky ships

4 shields mean she'll take 1/5 damage, rather than 1/2.

(Source: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21680.msg149255#msg149255)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Oblivion

Maybe the generous CEO would send one in the next mission?   :)

Sorrontis

Sorrontis

D0m0nik

That 6 min time is mental, I tried hard to work out how to do it but can't come close.

I tried in vain to start in the bottom right corner and sneak up the right, may be the trick but the cannon in the middle pulverised me. Great map, I felt the need to pretty much take out every unit in order to win and this was satisfying.

Spoiler
The benign emergent is not to be overlooked!
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 12, 2016, 05:05:47 PM
That 6 min time is mental, I tried hard to work out how to do it but can't come close.

I tried in vain to start in the bottom right corner and sneak up the right, may be the trick but the cannon in the middle pulverised me. Great map, I felt the need to pretty much take out every unit in order to win and this was satisfying.

Spoiler
The benign emergent is not to be overlooked!
[close]

I've tried so many things. I've even set the map to play until everything is steady state, but I set the particles to expire, so even there, the Progen is never empty of particles. That cannon is there specifically to destroy you sneaky sneakers.

D0m0nik

QuoteThat cannon is there specifically to destroy you sneaky sneakers.

Haha, that's not a great name badge to wear! ;D

Sorrontis

Ha! I'll check your time when I get home  :o

fractalman

tanelorn

The emitter at the bottom releases SO MUCH STUFF that I can't get anywhere near it.

GoodMorning

Many of the other areas can be held by Omnis alone or Emitters lathed. Once that is done, apply the freed-up ships to the lower-right, and note the fields operating there.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.