Custom Map #79: The Nexus Militia: Prologue. By: Galeforce's Wrath

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2016, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #79: The Nexus Militia: Prologue

Author: Galeforce's Wrath
Size: 320x180

Desc:
The first of a series of custom missions following Varro on a journey through redacted space. (May be challenging, please use default fleet for fairness or whatever.)

Smee

Great starting mission to what I hope will be an epic story.

Felt a bit odd having more upgrade gems than there are upgrades considering adding them to ships is disabled.

The benign particles behaved a bit weird too - having emitter control did nothing, they just circled the mines and stopped.

Eagerly awaiting the next instalment!  ;D

D0m0nik

15 mins is a very long time to sit and do very little! I have given up, tried to push forward without the big ship but got nowhere, could possibly rush the bottom right emitter but not easy.

The best maps are ones with options, it seems this one is just a case of hold tight for 15 mins and then clean up.

Galeforces Wrath

Quote from: Smee on October 02, 2016, 01:42:46 PM
Great starting mission to what I hope will be an epic story.

Felt a bit odd having more upgrade gems than there are upgrades considering adding them to ships is disabled.

The benign particles behaved a bit weird too - having emitter control did nothing, they just circled the mines and stopped.

Eagerly awaiting the next instalment!  ;D
Thanks! I was having a problem with the mission editor (it was my first time using it, I used to make CW3 maps, they were easier  ;D) but I'll make the next one less... buggier(?). Ships were supposed to have the upgrade gems enabled but they were disabled when finalizing the map I guess. In the playtest it worked >.<

Galeforces Wrath

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 02, 2016, 04:30:24 PM
15 mins is a very long time to sit and do very little! I have given up, tried to push forward without the big ship but got nowhere, could possibly rush the bottom right emitter but not easy.

The best maps are ones with options, it seems this one is just a case of hold tight for 15 mins and then clean up.

Sorry, that was kinda the point for this first map, "Story Wise". I took the inspiration from the game's prologue in which you had no power to change the outcome (bad idea I guess) but Chapter 1, where the story begins, will be MUCH better. I promise.
Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it :D

D0m0nik

Sorry if the feedback was a bit harsh! I look forward to your next one  :D

Galeforces Wrath

CrouchingLemur

Is there no way for you to update map to fix benign particulates and mounting amp gems on ships?

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Galeforces Wrath

Quote from: CrouchingLemur on October 04, 2016, 09:12:21 AM
Is there no way for you to update map to fix benign particulates and mounting amp gems on ships?

It'll pick up in the lore. The whole map series is a Story-based campaign of sorts. Sorry if it acts wonky >.<

ChaosMaster130

:o
I somehow managed to beat one of planetfalls's scores.  8)

Anyway the map was pretty nifty, if a tad on the easy side once you get a defense line set up. Just becomes a waiting game after that... Though I did manage to take out 2 emitters in the SE before the big ship came online.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!