Custom Map #58: GoodMorning, Planetfall. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, September 25, 2016, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson King

I just used rock burner to burn away all of the unconnected spots of land in the center.

Tjgalon

the game said I had 100%, it what confused me in the first place lol, but then i figured rock burn, and at least that worked

Sorrontis

Quote from: Tjgalon on September 29, 2016, 01:06:03 PM
the game said I had 100%, it what confused me in the first place lol, but then i figured rock burn, and at least that worked

Yeah, that's because it rounds to the nearest integer when reporting % mire. But in the code, I have a feeling it's comparing the actual % to 100.000...0% (to how ever many digits virgil is keeping).
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tarmandan

Is it a bug or is it a feature that I can place struc where I want in this mission? If it is a bug I will make a topic and upload my saves.

Also a big factor to the lag for me seemed to be the large cluster of particles in the north, after that was taken out FPS improved.

Helpful for getting a good time is gathering a few omnis at the start and then circling around killing mire spawners, the emitters and getting the omnis and then supressing the middle. After that I did not have to much trouble with the single land parts since I started burning away around the center emitter to get some ships in to supress it. Then I circled around with my omnis completly miring the chunks one after the other. I killed the 25 mirer by reaching it with rock burner.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Tarmandan on October 03, 2016, 04:28:27 PM
Is it a bug or is it a feature that I can place struc where I want in this mission? If it is a bug I will make a topic and upload my saves.

Not a bug. I left them available for those who think it might be useful for their time
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tarmandan

I don't think it would have changed much if anything at al. Should be faster to use the lathes to burn towards the center than to build struc with them. I was just really confused because I never played a map that allowed it before. Additionally I only noticed after loading a save and it was the first time I had loaded a map in PF :D

hbarudi

Not sure of the low rating, primarily that 100% mire requirement instead of just making that central emitter lathable.

Sorrontis