Custom Map #1735: NexioP2 6: Gate keeper. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, July 23, 2021, 05:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1735: NexioP2 6: Gate keeper

Author: Vertu
Size: 300x400

Desc:
One of the bigest components of a society is the guarantee of safety. The promiss of security is the foundation of even the simpilest societies, whether that security is ensurity to not starve, or prevent physical assaults. -A Nexious story mission.

Vertu

There is a chance I got lucky in this and so was able to finish it. So if you have seemingly impossible trouble with this mission please inform me. From what I saw, it was slowly progressing but I got lucky and was able to finish it suddenly so in theory it should be fine but I can't confirm.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Laithaldien

Looks like you need a lucky hit from a fighter to the enemy barricade ship core to kill it.

Even the entire fleet, all omnis and the two emitters combined couldn't bring it down. There always was just enough energy left to not drop the shields.
Could have tried to ram it, but ... I hate sacrificing ships.

Oh ... and despite what the dialogue suggests, there is nothing coming from the rear (in this mission).

toolforger

Well.
Ramming does work.
You'll want to select a ship with good shields, and you may have to make space so the angle comes from the barrier ship's weak side.

But... NINE shields.
Plus enough guppies to keep the tanks filled.
That's insane.

And the VarroV2 does not have enough reactors if you add an amp gem. Which you want to do to get the maximum firepower out of it.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: toolforger on July 25, 2022, 01:40:18 PM
But... NINE shields.
Excuse me what the fu-

Okay, let me say this one time in a civilized manner: It doesn't even matter if the hull is made of armor or not. You're simply not getting through a ship with 9 shields that can supply itself with enough energy to upkeep the shields, unless you got a ramming ship with at least 2-3 shields itself. But seriously, 9 shields is incredibly overkill. Even my most insane ramming ships only go up to 3 shields, and I wouldn't even consider putting over 5 due to the balance implications. Even if the 9 shields are on the outer layer of the ship, you're still gonna struggle to get through the 1 or 2 hull layers on the outside just because of the insane amount of shields.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

toolforger

Yeah it's insane.
But I can assure you that it IS possible to kill this abomination by ramming it at the right point, from the right angle.
I agree that nothing else will work.

Vertu

Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.