Custom Map #1016: Hyperlane Omega. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, December 31, 2017, 01:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1016: Hyperlane Omega

Author: Decagon
Size: 300x120

Desc:
Having acquired some hyperdrives from a rogue Taiidan fleet, a GalCorp taskforce attempts to use it to deliver highly volatile cargo to an outlying starbase. En-route, the legendary pirate Captain Varro tries as he might to capture the cargo for himself whilst the fleet is vulnerable in hyperspace. This is a bit of an experimental map, testing out a brand new script devised to create a "scrolling" effect. Credit to GoodMorning for helping me out with the script. #PRPL

Th3ch053n0n3

the scroll is TOO fast. a minor movement would be fine, but when I can't even build anything before it slides to the back of the screen it's just impossible.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on January 01, 2018, 06:43:52 PM
the scroll is TOO fast. a minor movement would be fine, but when I can't even build anything before it slides to the back of the screen it's just impossible.

That's why you have to build things on the far left side of the screen, using the Tanker alongside the building ships to make sure they have enough energy whilst their engines build. Having tested this extensively, I can safely say all of the buildable ships can be built before colliding with the struc.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

Building far right, I think you mean - they will drift to the left.

If you wanted a script so that, say, the cargoships had to survive, I could do it, but that makes the mission too hard to win - the moment an engine goes offline, they're headed directly for the Struc.

Speaking of which, I'd much rather expose the weapons than the engines on a map like this.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on January 01, 2018, 09:11:54 PM
Building far right, I think you mean - they will drift to the left.

If you wanted a script so that, say, the cargoships had to survive, I could do it, but that makes the mission too hard to win - the moment an engine goes offline, they're headed directly for the Struc.

Speaking of which, I'd much rather expose the weapons than the engines on a map like this.

Ah, yes, far right. Uh. I know my right from my left. Don't judge me... :P

And yes, losing your engines on a map like this can be disastrous. The Cargo Ships just add an optional mission, to keep them from meeting an unfortunate end, but I wouldn't force a player to keep them alive in this scenario. I already made the map easier by allowing HQ jump-in/out, which was originally restricted. I felt that it added a frustration this map did not need, all things considered. XD
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE