rennervate

hint:
Spoiler
leave the starting point as early as possible
[close]
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

Had a whole bunch of fun starting in the top right. No idea if it is advantageous but a nice challenge, achieved it on the 5th go! 8 mins game time to collect the pick up though!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: rennervate on May 03, 2024, 11:43:21 AMhint:
Spoiler
leave the starting point as early as possible
[close]

No wonder my time is so bad compared to the others.

The first storm was a very close thing, the last spores were well over my base before they were shot down.  I had some more beams before the next one, it was just pushing the creep back at that point.

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 03, 2024, 04:32:06 PMHad a whole bunch of fun starting in the top right. No idea if it is advantageous but a nice challenge, achieved it on the 5th go! 8 mins game time to collect the pick up though!

Good hint 4 me :-)

D0m0nik

Good hint 4 me :-)

[/quote]

Nice time! That top spot is just out of reach for me, and I tried!

One thing I have not got the hang of in the totem/pyramid maps is energy management. I always seem to be in the red but at a point seem to build like i'm in the green. Do you know, how does the CN prioritise packets for building or supplying the pyramids?

rennervate

IMHO

it depends on how the map designer configures the pyramids. Here it is probably about two or three to one

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Gotright on May 04, 2024, 06:20:15 PMI could use a bit of help.

Spoiler
I took what I'm sure it not the intended path.  Start point, I put mortars in my base sufficient to keep the creep from getting up to me but far enough inside they wouldn't pop bugs.  I then tried pushing north, realized it didn't work, pushed west.  Terped up firing platforms for my cannons to keep the digitalis back and allow me to place a nullifier right next to the step in the terrain.  There are fewer bugs when you attack at the edge of the digitalis.  I then went along the digitalis and just barely survived the spore storm.
[close]

rennervate

Loren Pechtel

Can't imagine the strategies some of you are using.  I did realize I was falling into my usual trap of not being aggressive enough and fared far better, but still not to your realm.

D0m0nik

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: rennervate on May 05, 2024, 08:11:27 AM

Spoiler
Start  here:
[close]
Absolutely ridiculous.  Worked first time.  20% of my time was in grabbing the bertha.

I consider it a slight bit cheaty, though--you can put a collector on top of that pyramid but none of the others despite them looking the same.

D0m0nik

I've just noticed the collector position. Doh!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on May 06, 2024, 10:57:02 PM
Quote from: rennervate on May 05, 2024, 08:11:27 AM

Spoiler
Start  here:
[close]
Absolutely ridiculous.  Worked first time.  20% of my time was in grabbing the bertha.

I consider it a slight bit cheaty, though--you can put a collector on top of that pyramid but none of the others despite them looking the same.
And with a better idea of exactly where the resistance is I was able to shave 10% off my time--but still 20% of it was grabbing that Bertha.