Custom Map #260: South America. By: SuperTerminator

Started by AutoPost, February 28, 2014, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #260: South America

Author: SuperTerminator
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Another #real map. This time, South America is getting flooded out. #nothor to help you, and #spores at every corner. #crystal to help you start. #lag #x1 #bertha #madness

Katra

Between lag and 'pause to build and move' 18 minutes game time took me almost two hours.

A very nice massive battle. You'll need pause to manage a decent score. Again you start with lots of crystal energy; which allows very quick building of infrastructure.
Spoiler
How many of the delayed start emitters just outside the wall can you kill before they activate? I got 7.
[close]
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

SuperTerminator

:P. I'm surprised that you only took 18 minutes. You must have been launching a four-pronged attack the whole time. It took me like 3-4 hours to do it myself, and I even took a long break at one point.
Spoiler
I totally forgot about nullifying the delayed start emitters when I did it :P
[close]
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

Helper

Spoiler
12. Should have been 15 but I misjudged the Creeper flow along the top.
[close]

Katra

Quote from: SuperTerminator on February 28, 2014, 05:12:56 PM
:P. I'm surprised that you only took 18 minutes. You must have been launching a four-pronged attack the whole time. It took me like 3-4 hours to do it myself, and I even took a long break at one point.

I wouldn't say four pronged so much as all 360 degrees at once. Though I did have three points where I pushed ahead a bit faster.
Spoiler
Mid east and west coasts ,where I got some of the close in emitters, and straight up where I wasn't quite fast enough. (But it was still a natural point to push the attack since the only opposition was that line of weaker close in emitters.)
[close]

chwooly

is there any way to destroy a wall besides letting it get overrun by creeper?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Helper

Quote from: chwooly on March 11, 2014, 08:10:42 AM
is there any way to destroy a wall besides letting it get overrun by creeper?

No - and it can get pretty tricky if you're trying to time some kind of tactic/attack.

Katra

There's a couple of ways to deal with walls.
1. Set up a line of cannons along the wall and wait for the creeper to eat through it.
2. Jump over it.

In either case shooting over the wall with mortars or bertha will make the attack easier.