[CPACK] Mystery Boxes

Grabz · 964

Grabz

• Community Guild
  • Where will you be when the creeper waves hit?
[CPACK] Mystery Boxes
on: August 18, 2021, 11:57:13 am

How to play

Download

Github

Description
This CPACK adds new units called Mystery Boxes which have a chance to give you all sorts of things, good or bad! Get your gambling fix here. I recommend playing on easier maps, as you will be your own worst enemy.

This is still in heavy development currently and things will change, but the latest version can always be found in the attachments to the 2nd post.

READ THIS TO LEARN HOW TO IMPORT THIS PROPERLY
1. Make sure you are using the latest version of the game.
The latest version of the game as of this writing is V2.2.9. If you're not updated to this version or higher, make sure you are.

2. Import the Mystery Boxes CPACK and any of the addons you want from the download.
You can choose not to include CPACK addons you don't want, the game will handle that correctly and not add that unit to the unit pool. The Titan box does have some non-addon results. Make sure to save and load after adding all the CPACKs. The download can be found in the second post.

3. Disable units!
To make this work you generally want to disable most of the units from being built (although it is not required, it is kinda the point of the mode).

Titans should stay disabled! You will get them as addons from the download.
I recommend not disabling: Lab, Factory, ERN Portal, Tower, Nullifier.
I recommend enabling Nullifier Overload, so that players can clear out nullifiable obstacles.
I suggest not disabling: Pylon, Miner, Beacon, Porter.
Reasoning: Allowing Pylons can be nice for big maps. When Miners spawn from boxes they come with some resource ground. If they die, keeping Miner enabled allows the player to utilize that resource ground again. Beacons might help the players against a Dark Tower. Porter is nice especially in Mverse so people can easily share resources to players who've found weapons that need them.

4. Do not change special terrain slots.
This CPACK assumes that special terrain slots weren't modified. You can change the values on them but don't change the type. For example, if you change the default Resource terrain slot to another type, that new type will now spawn under Miners instead of resource.

Units
Currently there are three boxes - Friend, Mystery and Titan.
  • The friendly box can only give you positive outcomes, but its cost goes up with each box.
  • The mystery box can give all sorts of outcomes. Make sure you're prepared!
  • The Titan box will give you a Titan unit. Or will it? I'm sure the skull is just a decoration.

Recycler
The Recycler is a unit you can pre-place in a level. Send units into it to recycle them into scrap, then use your collected scrap to create a unit from the list of units in the Recycler's UI panel.
Recycled units are worth the following amount of scrap:
1 scrap - Cannon, Mortar
2 scrap - Shield, Sprayer, Sniper, Missile
3 scrap - Terp
8 scrap - Flare
Units not listed here cannot be scrapped.

Mverse
Starting from Version 3 this pack is fully Mverse compatible!

Difficulty & Chances
Starting with Version 4 players can now choose difficulty at the start of the map. Here's a short breakdown of the effect of difficulty on each box.
Note that mapmakers could choose to edit the scripts and alter these chances, this is the default configuration.
Easy difficulty has the toughest bad effects disabled. Hard difficulty has three predetermined bad outcomes until it starts rolling from its normal loot pool.
In Mverse, friend box scaling is increased for each player, and chances of finding currency producing effects are divided by the amount of players in the level.

Friend
Friend box is unchanged between difficulties

Mystery
Mystery box chances:
  • Easy: Good 61%, Bad 20%, Currency 19%
  • Normal: Good 50%, Bad 33%, Currency 16%
  • Hard: Good 38%, Bad 50%, Currency 12%
Where:
  • Good - A good or neutral outcome.
  • Bad - A bad outcome.
  • Currency - An outcome that creates a permanent resource - bluite, redon, ERN, miners (resource ground).

Titan
Titan box chances:
  • Easy: Good 70%, Bad 30%
  • Normal: Good 50%, Bad 50%
  • Hard: Good 30%, Bad 70%
Where:
  • Good - A good outcome, generally a Titan unit or equivalent.
  • Bad - A bad outcome.

Attributions
Made by Grabz, co-developed by Hypnotic22 and cornucanis.
Credit for the Flare goes to Alophox and Vertu.

Maps
Please tag maps using this CPACK with the BOX tag
#2420: Maelstrom of Chaos By: Grabz (Version 6 dev4)
#2404: Cloudy Day with a Chance of Rain By: Grabz (Version 6 dev2)
#2301: Channel of Tranquility By: Grabz (Version 4 dev2)
#2252: Mystical box madness 3 By: Hypnotic22 (Version 3 dev9)
#2206: Tale of the Mysterious Fortress By: Grabz (Version 2 dev6)
#2196: Mystical box madness By: Hypnotic22 (Version 1 dev8)
#2197: Mystical box madness 2 By: Hypnotic22 (Version 1 dev8)

Videos

« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 03:52:34 pm by Grabz »

For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Grabz

• Community Guild
Re: [CPACK] Mystery Boxes
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 11:58:09 am
Changelog

Now Mverse compatible!!

All CPACKs in the package other than the Mystery Boxes CPACK are optional, if you do not include them they will not come out of any of the boxes. Here's a short explanation of the units:
  - Airship, Bertha, Sweeper are my modified versions of the built-in Titans. They may have slight differences but should mostly feel the same.
  - ERNMaker is a Titan box reward and uses Arg to produce ERNs.
  - Wallis is a Titan box reward that uses Arg to shoot powerful bouncy balls that damage Creeper.
  - Flare is a Mystery box reward that is a powerful long range missile unit that uses Arg to fire a salvo of missiles at Creeper.
  - Splitmitter is a Titan box enemy that acts as a hovering emitter that splits into smaller pieces when damaged by missiles until it splits into small enough chunks that it dies.

Download
Latest version: Version 6 dev5
Click attachment below \/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:03:43 pm by Grabz »

For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Grabz

• Community Guild
Re: [CPACK] Mystery Boxes
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 02:10:25 pm
Hey all, just a heads up, the latest version (6 dev5) I had accidentally attached a .cpack file instead of a .zip file, so you couldn't get the addons. I've now corrected that. Sorry for the mistake to the 10 of you who had downloaded that attachment!