Mortars, nullifiers, and other addendums

Started by chwooly, October 21, 2017, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

Since Mortars create waves now, 1 thing I would like would be a way to reduce their range, So say a mortar's range is 25 pixels, I would like to be able to be able to reduce that to between say 10 – 25 pixels. The mechanic might be tied into the mouse wheel and also allow a default range setting on build that you can change. I think this would be helpful especially if you continue with using the forge and aether or have some other way to increase range.

As to capping the emitters instead of destroying them, that might be a tech upgrade that you have to research or even make a tech upgrade where the emitter is converted to anti creeper for as long as you have a nullifier powered and targeting an emitter.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Sorrontis

Quote from: chwooly on October 21, 2017, 11:00:06 AM
Since Mortars create waves now, 1 thing I would like would be a way to reduce their range, So say a mortar's range is 25 pixels, I would like to be able to be able to reduce that to between say 10 – 25 pixels. The mechanic might be tied into the mouse wheel and also allow a default range setting on build that you can change. I think this would be helpful especially if you continue with using the forge and aether or have some other way to increase range.

It could always be a slider within the unit control panel ( beside the shoot at X priority selection).

As to capping the emitters instead of destroying them, that might be a tech upgrade that you have to research or even make a tech upgrade where the emitter is converted to anti creeper for as long as you have a nullifier powered and targeting an emitter.

That would be interesting.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

FOXX

capping [or capturing] emitters could also be a win condition for Custom Maps.
so instead of destroying Emitters you need to capture all emitters and pay attention they stay Captured.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

GoodMorning

And then planetfall will make one that needs three Nullifiers, and I will build one that makes them work like PF Totems, and Sorrontis will cause every capped Emitter to double the output of the remainder.

... not that I'm planning it yet or putting words in others mouths.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 22, 2017, 04:56:33 PM
...Sorrontis will cause every capped Emitter to double the output of the remainder...

I'm not even going to lie... this was the first thing I thought about when I saw the capping of emitters. Now you're thinking with evil.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Thinking with ...

...evil?
..portals?
...mad science?
...sorcerous powers yet unknown in this reality?

If you answered yes to all of the above; welcome!

Nothing bad could come of this combination, surely?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.