Day 13 Horror help

Started by Benneb10, September 04, 2015, 07:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benneb10

i need help with day 13. i just can not beat the level and no strategy will help me beat it. someone please put a save file in it or email me at [redacted - we do not permit personal information in forum posts]
but do something for me for day 13, it would really help me alot
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

teknotiss

Quote from: Benneb10 on September 04, 2015, 07:59:15 PM
i need help with day 13. i just can not beat the level and no strategy will help me beat it. someone please put a save file in it or email me at edit for a less annoying web experience!

hey dude, we suggest not putting email addresses in forums as they will prob attract spam!
here is a walkthrough for day 13, someone posted it a few years back

hope that helps, if not ask for more!
8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ea3401

See also Day 13: Horror, help! including a strange video by Kithros:

Quote from: Kithros on June 10, 2011, 04:09:13 PM
I played through day 13 while deactivating every other reactor that I built, and not picking up any of the artifacts. This is obviously not meant to be an actual walkthrough for day 13 (it's very hard to play it out this way), but the general strategies I use are still fairly similar to how I do it normally. The main differences are that I can't use a creeper maker like I would normally (since I can't pick up the remnants), and I didn't have enough energy to be able to shield+blaster the top early on so I had to play that a bit differently.

jerako

Quote from: teknotiss on September 04, 2015, 08:21:34 PM
i need help with day 13. i just can not beat the level and no strategy will help me beat it. someone please put a save file in it or email me at edit for a less annoying web experience!

hey dude, we suggest not putting email addresses in forums as they will prob attract spam!

8)

I hope it's not a problem I'm posting here instead of making a new thread... but I'm having major issues on this map too. I cannot for the life of me duplicate that video. I can't understand how they run a deficit so long and still build, let alone have functional weapons. It's not working for me even when I'm trying to copy the video exactly, and I can't figure out why.

I remember getting it years ago, with this single level being the reason I never went back to CW2 until .now My method is usually a lot more patient and methodical... I just cannot seem to rush to that capsule on the right that blows at 5:03.

My best results so far (I don't remember how I did it back in the day) are a single blaster on top, a single launcher in the lower left, and as many weapons as I can try to squeeze into the right chamber. But I just can't get in fast enough. :/

teknotiss

Quote from: jerako on December 29, 2015, 07:30:58 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on September 04, 2015, 08:21:34 PM

8)

I hope it's not a problem I'm posting here instead of making a new thread... but I'm having major issues on this map too. I cannot for the life of me duplicate that video. I can't understand how they run a deficit so long and still build, let alone have functional weapons. It's not working for me even when I'm trying to copy the video exactly, and I can't figure out why.

I remember getting it years ago, with this single level being the reason I never went back to CW2 until .now My method is usually a lot more patient and methodical... I just cannot seem to rush to that capsule on the right that blows at 5:03.

My best results so far (I don't remember how I did it back in the day) are a single blaster on top, a single launcher in the lower left, and as many weapons as I can try to squeeze into the right chamber. But I just can't get in fast enough. :/

hey dude... it has been a long time since i did this but my advice from memory is to be very aggressive with the right hand emitter... i think i ended up taking the pod by digging to it while suppressing the creeper...
and well powered weapons are better than energy starved ones... deficit is dangerous!
hope that helps, i'm off to record (hopefully) a vid of me replaying it now, but i am a bit rusty with CW2 so may take a few blasts! ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Builder17

Spoiler
Cheating with saves isn't also possible in CW 1 and CW2. I don't think these saves are possible to modify.
[close]

jerako

Ah I didn't even notice this thread was asking for cheats.

But I see somebody else just made a new thread, too.

teknotiss

Quote from: jerako on January 07, 2016, 07:43:49 PM
Ah I didn't even notice this thread was asking for cheats.

But I see somebody else just made a new thread, too.

hey man you still stuck?
if so i can post a vid somewhere and link it, sometimes different tactics work better for some folks!