Things I Would Like to See Added to CRPL

Started by Crazycolorz5, October 12, 2013, 05:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazycolorz5

CRPL is really cool, but there are things I either can't figure out how to do or can't be done. So after messing around with it for a bit, here's some things I think would be cool if they were added as a command.

1) A unit attribute that allows the CRPL tower to be selected and moved, like any other player unit. (and thus a move speed attribute)
2) A unit attribute that allows the CRPL tower to take damage when submerged in creeper.
3) A menu allowing for players to build copies of a type of crpl tower during a mission(maybe a sub-menu of the Titans?)

These together would allow for completely custom player units, for one.

4) A unit attribute that allows the CRPL tower to be targeted by a beam(there's one for snipers, so...)

5) Negative value for digitalis... "Anti-Digitalis". Does not hurt player units when it's on top, but otherwise behaves similarly to normal Digitalis.
6) Runners that target emitters/runnerbases/exclusion/spore towers. Basically player runners.

These two would be managed by CRPL towers(or maybe anti-digitalis by anti-emitters)

7) Command to dispatch packets to CN.
8) Ditto for aether/ore/anticreeper. (Energy-to-AC converters anyone?)

9) a Shoot command, or something, that allows the CRPL to copy alread-programmed behaviors(so for example, Shoot(1) would fire a mortar shell, or Shoot(2) would fire a blob of AC)(Maybe with other arguments as well, like it can act as a sprayer but spray different amounts of AC... or even creeper)

Add to the list~

pawel345

1)I guess you can script it :P
2) you can script it
3) I guess you can script it :P
5)I guess you can script it :P
6)you can script it
7)+1 to that
9)you can script it but +1 as it would make one's life easier

Crazycolorz5

Yeah I know I can script 2, but it seems a TON easier to just have a once (blah) SetUnitAttribute endonce and letting the game engine handle it than checking for overlap with creeper then deducting health.

Also, I am interested in knowing, how would you script 1) and 3)?

Oh, and
10) Request Aether, like a forge, possibly(take priority over forge or otherwise...?) ?
11) Edit PowerZone behavior of CRPL towers.(GetZone condition or something)

pawel345

I am no expert, but the CRPL cores can get commands form keyboard and mouse so i guess it is possible

JH

Quote from: Crazycolorz5 on October 12, 2013, 05:26:41 PM
1) A unit attribute that allows the CRPL tower to be selected and moved, like any other player unit. (and thus a move speed attribute)

It's already possible, I just did it.

<-ready if
0 GetMouseButtonDown if
GetMouseCell 3 QueueMove
false TraceStack ->ready
endif
endif

<-ready not if
GetMouseCell ->my ->mx
CurrentCoords ->sy ->sx
<-mx <-sx eq <-my <-sy eq and if
0 GetMouseButtonDown if
true TraceStack ->ready
endif
endif
endif

The code is not perfect and needs some changes in order to be practical, but it does the trick.

Also, removing scripts from CRPL towers would be neat. (Adding them is already possible)

pawel345

Couldn't you just make a new tower with all the script's except the one you want to "delete" ?

JH

I probably could. The problem is that if I have a large and complicated script with a lot of varibles I need to replace every single of those varibles, and that's going to take some serious work to do it right.

thepenguin

Quote from: JH on October 15, 2013, 06:01:08 AM
Also, removing scripts from CRPL towers would be neat. (Adding them is already possible)
already possible. Try pushing the "delete" button.
We have become the creeper...

JH

I'm talking about adding and deleting scripts when the map is running and without using the editor.

eduran

Quote from: JH on October 16, 2013, 03:38:16 AM
I'm talking about adding and deleting scripts when the map is running and without using the editor.

$DisableScript:0
if(<-DisableScript)
#your code
endif

This should do the trick, with the added benefit of being able to re-enable the script in its former state.

JH

Quote from: eduran on October 16, 2013, 03:56:13 AM
Quote from: JH on October 16, 2013, 03:38:16 AM

$DisableScript:0
if(<-DisableScript)
#your code
endif

This should do the trick, with the added benefit of being able to re-enable the script in its former state.

Ahh, good idea. Thanks.

Crazycolorz5

Quote from: JH on October 15, 2013, 06:01:08 AM

It's already possible, I just did it.

<-ready if
0 GetMouseButtonDown if
GetMouseCell 3 QueueMove
false TraceStack ->ready
endif
endif

<-ready not if
GetMouseCell ->my ->mx
CurrentCoords ->sy ->sx
<-mx <-sx eq <-my <-sy eq and if
0 GetMouseButtonDown if
true TraceStack ->ready
endif
endif
endif

The code is not perfect and needs some changes in order to be practical, but it does the trick.

Well, yeah, that moves the towers upon selection, but I meant more integration with the in-game system for moving units, i.e. you get the cursor-selecty-thing, you get the green-shadow-thing that shoes you where it will move, and misc info on the bottom bar.

Captain Ford

I'd like this too, but for the purpose of being able to Deactivate, Disable and Stop Resupply to CRPL towers. Heck, even artifacts of odin have that capability.

It should be possible to poll whether a unit is activated, enabled or being resupplied. It would also be nice to be able to set that as well.

...and ultimately I'd like to be able to create custom interface panes for CRPL towers so we can add checkboxes or other controls like the ones that the spayer, strafer, bomber, bertha, etc. (actually just about everything has checkboxes, doesn't it?) have. Maybe even add buttons to create something like the forge interface.

Is this a good place to put my own suggestions? It's certainly a good thread title. But otherwise I'll start a new thread for that stuff.

FreeForTaking

About the first one, I've created such script with movement, deselection and everything, and when i get the time I'll probably release a tutorial around it and some more neat stuff! :)

MagmaMcFry

7) Command to dispatch packets to CN.
8) Ditto for aether/ore/anticreeper. (Energy-to-AC converters anyone?)

You can script that.

Proof

[close]