Terraform controls suggestion.

Started by Altren, February 01, 2014, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altren

It would be nice, if Terraforming menu would use hotkeys, most obvious is
- 1 ... 9, 0 for terrain levels through 1 to 10;
May be some other hotkeys for brush size, but it is not very important.

Another feature, that would be useful is terraforming to current level. Right now I need to look at level, select terraform level, move mouse back to space I was looking at and start terraform. What I want is to press some key and pick level under mouse, so I can press it and not care about what level it is nor waste time selecting it.

Lost in Nowhere

Your second request already exists; the default keypress is shift+t.
Don't die! :)

kwinse

While we're here, could the show/hide creeper keyboard control (default shift-c) be made to work while you're in the terraform menu (if there's no conflicts)? Would be rather useful to be able to toggle that without having to either go to the visibility menu or cancel terraform mode temporarily just for one keyboard shortcut. Maybe digitalis growth (shift-d) too.

4xC

Quote from: kwinse on February 02, 2014, 01:23:04 AM
While we're here, could the show/hide creeper keyboard control (default shift-c) be made to work while you're in the terraform menu (if there's no conflicts)? Would be rather useful to be able to toggle that without having to either go to the visibility menu or cancel terraform mode temporarily just for one keyboard shortcut. Maybe digitalis growth (shift-d) too.

I gotta agree with that motion.

You would not believe how many times I have tried to use many of the hotkeys during which I was in terraform mode. It seems just like CW2 in regards to the times when I selected microrifts and darkbeams and tried to click on terrain to dig only to find I couldn't while I still had the MR or DB selected.
C,C,C,C