Progress save problem

Started by krotana, June 02, 2011, 06:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krotana

I have problem with the game not saving my progress in Conquest mode.

I played all the official levels through, Story, Conquest and Special Ops. Then tried out the Chrono to access older levels.
I am not entirely sure at what point this happened, but now in Conquest mode only the first 4 maps for Vidar (4th system) are marked as finished, 5th system Gudrun inacecssible, first 3 systems (Grim - Frigg) open but not finished.

However, if I play and win any of the open maps, after winning the map does not get marked blue (finished) on the overview. Thus I cannot unlock the 5th system.

Consistently, in the Special Ops, the last 4 maps are locked for not having finished Vidar and Gudrun. I cannot unlock those maps either, of course.

The Story mode worked fine, though, and I was able to finish it without problems.

Any idea how to solve this?

Grauniad

The solution I have is not something I'm sure about, and you may not like the results. You may want to wait and see if Virgil can suggest something better.

I suspect that the file that keeps the game progress may be corrupted. If you delete it, you will have to play all levels again to unlock them.

Assuming you are running Windows, open Windows Explorer (the file explorer, not Internet Explorer).

In the file address bar, type  %appdata%\CreeperWorld\

In the list of files, delete the files gameData.dat and gameState.dat Be careful not to delete your key file, unless you have it and can find it to unlock the game again.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

Yes, gameData.dat is where the game progress is stored.  If you are logged in as a different user or your user rights have recently changed you may no longer have access to make write changes to that file.  It sounds like the game certainly has read access to the file, but when it tries to write information back to the file it can't.

Other than access rights, corruption of the file could be an issue as Grauniad mentioned.  I've never seen this, but I suppose it is possible.