Custom Map #875: Cargo Lane Omicron. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, August 19, 2017, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #875: Cargo Lane Omicron

Author: Decagon
Size: 256x256

Desc:
The Collective have broken the biggest push of the Khephrin Dominion, leaving flanking War Fleets to continue on into the Star Walker Quadrant. An outlying Cargo Lane becomes the target of the most advanced War Fleet.

Keeper Decagon

Oh, and this map means that the Khephrins have properly entered our quadrant btw, so feel free to have your own battles with them now. :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Exodus Legate

I had good fun with this one- not too hard, very consistent difficulty throughout the map, and the cargo lane was cool.
It's just a shame that the victory condition requires ripping apart the left hand side and seeing the spawners and such that are making it work in detail. But that's me getting VERY picky.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Exodus Legate on August 19, 2017, 10:27:16 AM
I had good fun with this one- not too hard, very consistent difficulty throughout the map, and the cargo lane was cool.
It's just a shame that the victory condition requires ripping apart the left hand side and seeing the spawners and such that are making it work in detail. But that's me getting VERY picky.

Glad you enjoyed!

And yeah, since I wanted that "Rift Gate" to be destructible, taking it apart one spawner at a time is the only way to nail it. Still, ignoring limitations of the tools I had to work with, I just imagine that you have to hit the Gate several times to take it down, each structure you kill inside destabilises it (preventing further traffic) until it's shut down for good. I also quite liked how each time you hit the Gate, the explosion from a structure will send the deadly particles flying everywhere beyond the fields, which happened to murder my two Grubs time and again. XD
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Spaartan

How to beat entire fleet:

Make a benign particle emitter look like a portal
Watch the destruction of the entire fleet that thinks the ships are going through XD

At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.