stdout's maps

Started by stdout, September 10, 2014, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

I know which map you're talking about, which means it is already a pretty old map :P

DestinyAtlantis

Is it possible to add the "flip" property into the PAC emitters?
Other crpl emitters are the ones that when you supply power to them, they emit AC instead of C, but when they run out of ammo....
Maybe also flip spore towers?
Has anyone managed to make ramp-up flip emitters? (ie, to compensate for the overwhelming strength you get once you have conquered most of the map).
I know digi is hard-coded in the game, but has anyone tried making crpl AC digi? (basically, it grows in AC to allow for easier movement of AC and not damage "Human" buildings, but otherwise behaves the same).
Oh and btw, 2 of the nulifiers seem to not even start building (the ones in the middle), and 3 of the guppyies aren't connected to the network (and are thus never built). The 2 nulifiers in the base seem out of range to me (can't destroy anything), and the 2 nulifiers on the upper 2 PZs in the middle are kinda useless, since you most likely use C to get to the PZ from the bottom PZs, and even if you use the middle emitters, you will have C over the nulifier build zone, before even building something on the PZ.
But anyway, fun map.

teknotiss

stdout, how do i get abraxis to build nullifiers? i know i have to place them some how as guides but i missed how to do that.
cheers in advance dude! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

DestinyAtlantis

Isn't it the same as normal units being rebuilt???

teknotiss

Quote from: DestinyAtlantis on October 27, 2014, 07:01:49 AM
Isn't it the same as normal units being rebuilt???

no, because you need to place the nullifier as a "ghost" first, so that when C is cleared abraxis has a place to build one.
to be fair, i doubt that it's really important, after all how many people ever actually lose a map?
but it does punish mistakes so it'd be nice to be able to do it.
i thought i saw some instructions on how to switch to abraxis mode, but i can't find them again ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

DestinyAtlantis

Hm, why not have waves of Abraxis units being built? (As in, at certain periods of time/conditions, he would suddenly build some heavy artillery units and target your weak spots to retake)? + AC (?flip?) spores if they are added.

teknotiss

Quote from: DestinyAtlantis on October 27, 2014, 02:14:48 PM
Hm, why not have waves of Abraxis units being built? (As in, at certain periods of time/conditions, he would suddenly build some heavy artillery units and target your weak spots to retake)? + AC (?flip?) spores if they are added.
not a code monkey so i dunno if that's easily doable.
i do know a simple way to switch into abraxis/normal mode and play the game as normal on a plain map while flipping in and out of the editor would let a lot of people make PAC maps!
stdout get it done dude! >:( lol no pressure! ;D
basically so i can make a plain map just an emitter or two for the start positions and some units to suppress them. then i could build the base as i like with the editor and in game (including pre-sited nullifiers by all the abraxis PZ's ), and then just compile all the scripts and place the final few nullifiers while paused then finalise.
hoping..... ???

stdout

teknotiss, to switch between building modes click on the icon that's off in space over on the left. If it's not there, then add a cprl core and attach Temp.crpl to it. Save and reload and then the button will appear.

To make the nullifers, just build them as usual, making sure each one is in range of a PZ. When you're done, go into the map and advance one frame ("N").

Now find a nullifer that you're sure is going to get killed early. I always choose one near a live emitter. Mouse over that and on your keyboard press "G". That triggers the script that will save all the nullifer positions and will then remove them. When you see all the nullifiers disappear then you know it worked.

Here are the notes I copied from stewbasic (they have been edited by me slightly):

QuoteHere are the steps to finalize the map:
* Increment one frame to make sure all the scripts have run their "once" sections.
* Save to one of the slots, eg 3, in case you want to come back and make more changes.
* Put your mouse over the trigger unit and press G. This will cause Temp.crpl to record the trigger unit, record all of Abraxis's units, reset game time and destroy the nullifiers and itself.
* Save to another slot, eg 2.
* Zoom out so that the build tab doesn't end up in the thumbnail image.
* Go to edit mode and finalize the map.
* Copy WorldEditor/MapName/save-2.cw3 to Finalized/MapName/MapName.cw3 (replacing the existing file).
* Play the finalized map as usual.

Another note: I think you can't move the totems without changing things in CRPL. So you may notice in my PAC maps, the totems are always in the exact same place.  :)

If you have any trouble at all, feel free to send me the map that you've made and I'll look at it and troubleshoot problems and what-not. I can also finalize a map for you and send it back to you for you to check and submit to CS.

DestinyAtlantis

That explains why there are only totems in the upper left part of the Mallard System.

teknotiss

Quote from: stdout on October 27, 2014, 08:42:29 PM
teknotiss, to switch between building modes click on the icon that's off in space over on the left. If it's not there, then add a cprl core and attach Temp.crpl to it. Save and reload and then the button will appear.

To make the nullifers, just build them as usual, making sure each one is in range of a PZ. When you're done, go into the map and advance one frame ("N").

Now find a nullifer that you're sure is going to get killed early. I always choose one near a live emitter. Mouse over that and on your keyboard press "G". That triggers the script that will save all the nullifer positions and will then remove them. When you see all the nullifiers disappear then you know it worked.

Here are the notes I copied from stewbasic (they have been edited by me slightly):

QuoteHere are the steps to finalize the map:
* Increment one frame to make sure all the scripts have run their "once" sections.
* Save to one of the slots, eg 3, in case you want to come back and make more changes.
* Put your mouse over the trigger unit and press G. This will cause Temp.crpl to record the trigger unit, record all of Abraxis's units, reset game time and destroy the nullifiers and itself.
* Save to another slot, eg 2.
* Zoom out so that the build tab doesn't end up in the thumbnail image.
* Go to edit mode and finalize the map.
* Copy WorldEditor/MapName/save-2.cw3 to Finalized/MapName/MapName.cw3 (replacing the existing file).
* Play the finalized map as usual.

Another note: I think you can't move the totems without changing things in CRPL. So you may notice in my PAC maps, the totems are always in the exact same place.  :)

If you have any trouble at all, feel free to send me the map that you've made and I'll look at it and troubleshoot problems and what-not. I can also finalize a map for you and send it back to you for you to check and submit to CS.

hey dude, cheers, i'll give that a shot!
also in play testing my first one i didn't notice any CRPL issues and i def moved most of the totems
what sort of issues are we talking about?

stdout

The main problem I found was that the blue circle that encompasses the totem to indicate that you've taken it over with live digitalis... When it's broken the circle appears elsewhere on the map! But they were still active, just displaying wrong.

So if your's are displaying right then I'd say you're all set.

I'm currently working on another PAC map, this one themed after native burial mounds. It's been a while and I'm feeling the itch to smother some machines! I can't wait to play yours!

teknotiss

Quote from: stdout on October 28, 2014, 06:04:07 PM
The main problem I found was that the blue circle that encompasses the totem to indicate that you've taken it over with live digitalis... When it's broken the circle appears elsewhere on the map! But they were still active, just displaying wrong.

So if your's are displaying right then I'd say you're all set.

I'm currently working on another PAC map, this one themed after native burial mounds. It's been a while and I'm feeling the itch to smother some machines! I can't wait to play yours!

I'll have a look, I don't remember a problem, but i wasn't looking really. i'll let you know tmmw

teknotiss

hey man, i followed those instructions and it was cool.
but then I had to edit it after testing, and now D won't grow and the nullifiers aren't being built.
i re-followed the steps a couple of times and i can't get it working again. ::)
i tried recreating the temp core etc and couldn't switch to abraxis mode either!! ???
if you fancy having a look for me either: let me know when you'll be on over the weekend so i can post it for a few sec on this thread so only you can grab it, or pm me your email.
i prefer the former since it means i don't have to remember my emails password! :)

stdout

Hey, sorry I missed you over the weekend. I rarely login during the weekends because that's devoted to family time. During the week I work and play.

Feel free to send me the map anyway you like. If you see me around shoot me a PM or schedule a time and I'll be around here.

But I'll take a guess that you did the "next frame and hit G" step, and after that you finalized the map? That doesn't work because finalizing it saves it!!! What an aggravation. You just saved your map after the G step which removes a lot of important things. Now moving forward a lot of logic is missing and that's why nothing is being built.

This happens to me all the time and it's really aggravating. Putting the map back together can be challenging but it's not impossible, so send me that map somehow and I'll see what I can do.

iwishforpie2

It seems like all of the CPRL games aren't showing up! Where are they?
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.