Custom Map #1503: FPS: Streets of Rage. By: Heritor

Started by AutoPost, May 08, 2021, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1503: FPS: Streets of Rage

Author: Heritor
Size: 320x200

Jican

Rage is correct when you get half the map completed, stunned into creep from the top, then die due to a glitch. Pretty irritating tbh.

InwardChaos

I failed to see the point of spraying AC on the cars. Due to their speed, I was barely able to hit them, and on the rare times I did turn them white, the moment they touched creeper, they flipped back over to blue.
I also had a minor bug with one of the Sleeper turrets. I was going along the top of the outer wall, along the south side, but had to turn back when the mortars and cannons surrounding the southern nest started doing damage despite the AC I was putting down. After getting pushed back again by the East-most nest, I tried passing the south nest again, and one of the mortars was completely submerged in AC, but wasn't taking any damage. I shot at it directly with my weapons, but it didn't have any effect.
Thankfully, it was eliminated once I destroyed all 3 nests.

Makavson

Map is overall good, but unnecessarily complicated via lvls. But most irritating is that random teleport bug, where it happened to me twice on different locations resulting to put me in south-west corner which is always filled with creeper with no chance to survive until very end.

mzimmer74

Loved the map. Definitely a challenge. Had to figure out the best direction from which to attack each "boss" area. I didn't run into a teleporting issue. I did get stunned killed once, but I tend to save pretty frequently so wasn't a huge issue to reload.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

OmegaJasam

Between stuns that teleport you, the upgrade system's choices actualy making it really hard to work out what's even useful for the map and the health objective just being /annoying/.. I'm not actually having fun with this one, despite a bunch of cool looking stuff on the map.

Honestly, if ya health drops that fast when you get in range of the bubble throwers, might as well make the objective 0% or remove it.

Also, it took multiple map resets just to find the path out of town you're recommend to take, because if you don't go stright there, it's already flooded.

porky

Did you want any more explosions to be going off at once

Jimragnark

it would be even more impossible if the sleeper lab would build sleep units.
its still not capable of destroying the units with normal weapons like cannons and mortars.

hbarudi

Why no anticreeper emitting terrain feature in this map, it was a helpful feature but always very time consuming to use it to "guard" areas and spread anticreeper over the map.

Caz

Spent 3 hours on this.  Cannot progress past getting first collectible.  Currently not winnable as of 8-16-2021

heritor

Quote from: Caz on August 16, 2021, 05:12:29 PM
Spent 3 hours on this.  Cannot progress past getting first collectible.  Currently not winnable as of 8-16-2021

It is winnable - played through it today.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.