Custom Map #9473: not DMD - United Nations of Beams and Hate. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, May 05, 2021, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9473: not DMD - United Nations of Beams and Hate

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 150x100

Desc:
I don't think everyone will love this map. I didn't.

Riskbreaker

Spoiler
i'm so glad i saved right before trying to kill one of those runners near the start hahaha
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

thanks for playing -
Spoiler
was securing the middle island too tedious?
[close]

Riskbreaker

that part was annoying yes

Spoiler
but on puzzle maps i never spend research points unless mandatory, so i had spare to boost packet speed when i got to that point
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

well, there you have me as a map maker -
Spoiler
I actually forgot to add a pick up that would make that island smoother
[close]

Altren

Great map, as always.
Yeah, runners island was a bit annoying, but the rest was pretty good.
Also relying on random spore target to not loose the terp at start felt a bit wrong.

Martin Gronsdal

But you didn't - you can feed and sustain a beam there from the start

Thank you for playing!

Riskbreaker

yeah...i didnt even see that beam spot at first, so my initial action was have a bomber flying over the terp in case a spore landed there...

naturally, it did not work   :P

paco42

Quote from: Riskbreaker on May 06, 2021, 08:41:04 AM
my initial action was have a bomber flying over the terp in case a spore landed there...

naturally, it did not work   :P

hahaha thats a pretty funny idea, i'm surprised he hasnt worked that into map yet.

at the end did anyone else not
Spoiler
just wait for the forge cannon to build up?
[close]

Marinero

Quote from: Altren on May 06, 2021, 03:53:47 AM
Great map, as always.
Also relying on random spore target to not loose the terp at start felt a bit wrong.
Runner island is really difficult without bombers. May be i missed something but after lots of tryals was non able to get it. Any hint?

Martin Gronsdal

there is no real hint here
Spoiler
use terps and spam it with cannons, maybe a cannon on PZ too. It also helps to have maxed out building and packet speed.
[close]

thank you for playing

marvinitfox

Quote from: Marinero on May 09, 2021, 05:09:14 AM
Quote from: Altren on May 06, 2021, 03:53:47 AM
Great map, as always.
Runner island is really difficult without bombers. May be i missed something but after lots of tryals was non able to get it. Any hint?

Altren: you need to put a beam on each of those two defending microislands ASAP. Later, guppy energy to  one.

Marinero: Yes, the small island was ludicrously frustrating.
I spent 28 minutes assaulting it, doing THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER.
On the 12th try it worked.

Really, you need to luck out that a runner does not explode within 5 squares of your relay, otherwise its end of that assault, please insert another quarter to try again.

I thought maybe I just got the tactics right, after I got it on try # 12.... so reloaded, started small island assault again.
14 attempts this time.

A R G H !

I wish there was a command to tell cannons to ignore Digitalis and Runners, even if there is n creeper in range. Tat was what made the small island so hard. A runner would spawn, get killed immediately, and *splot* the creeper release floods everything on the island with 1-layer of creep. Enough to kill any relays and immature neutralizers immediately

Martin Gronsdal

I was as frustrated as you were, but couldn't be asked to change it and play all over again