Custom Map #1687: Nexious 23 Settlement. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, April 27, 2021, 05:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1687: Nexious 23 Settlement

Author: Vertu
Size: 500x500

Desc:
A new chapter will soon begin. The Nexious Particle is now alert, the team has found a place of retreat, and there are now questions which have the goal to be answered. -A story driven mission series. This is the final for this first series. As so it is a bit more of a demanding mission too so don't get caught off guard. I am telling you this now, it won't be easy.

Vertu

Might of made it a bit harsh. If it's unfair please tell me how and why and I will react accordingly and maybe release an easier version.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Jaap

Yeah that bottom left island took forever to conquer.
I started at the bottom right, then went counter-clockwise with omnis.
The enemy ships are relentless in attacking your ships. I had to hide my HQ behind a land mass to keep it from dying again and again (still died there, but less frequently)
And when the HQ dies, the omnis move much slower so they die before they can reach an enemy cannon.

Vertu

I have actually started re doing this mission. I eventually realized how much it would suck to have the "North West" landmass vomit it's ships to the central location, as if punishing the player for being slow. Unacceptable on my part.

The enemy ships for what ever reason on this mission are freaking masochists', I keep adding more of the larger ships to the player ship pool and have recently just said, screw it, adding the Varro V2 along with many.. many changes. Enough changes that it's a different mission but the general consensus of the mission is the same, though many even lore iterations have changed. I think I messed up making this one honestly though more messed up in terms of not being in a good mood at the time and having to fix it now.

I apologize.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

TrickyPlayer

I wonder what this "next chapter" references to, knowing that it's probably not the "connections" series I'm working on.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P