Custom Map #1370: Cursor-06 Names. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, April 18, 2021, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1370: Cursor-06 Names

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 160x100

Jenicke123

How are you supposed to acquire Arg? There aren't any Redon deposits, nor do I see any Porter boxes containing any Arg.

CS Z

There's no need for it.  I think the missile launcher was an accident.

That said, this clearly wasn't my style of map.  I didn't care for the weakened cursor.

knightace

I reclaimed the whole map except for "YUM" top right. For the life of me, I could NOT make headway with any amount of pushed creep here. I tried to slide in on the right for a foothold/take the M; fail. I tried to come in at either corner at the left for Y; failed. I tried to crawl up to the bottom of U...fail. Not a darn thing I did ever succeeded. So frustrating. :(

CS Z

Quote from: knightace on April 18, 2021, 11:09:06 PM
I reclaimed the whole map except for "YUM" top right. For the life of me, I could NOT make headway with any amount of pushed creep here. I tried to slide in on the right for a foothold/take the M; fail. I tried to come in at either corner at the left for Y; failed. I tried to crawl up to the bottom of U...fail. Not a darn thing I did ever succeeded. So frustrating. :(

Spoiler
I had the same issue.  I ERN'ed my one cannon and moved it to the area just below the U.  Then I grabbed enough AC, moved it onto the bottom of the U, paused the game, queued up a tower to be put onto the U.  Moved the mouse cursor back onto the U and resumed for a few moments.  Once the tower started building, I paused again and moved the cannon onto the U.  Moved my mouse back onto the U, resumed, and protected the cannon.  Eventually made headway and got the last InfoCache.  I agree that area wasn't as friendly.  Even with a fully powered cursor and ERN'ed cannon, it was still a tough area.
[close]

BvF7734

Quote from: knightace on April 18, 2021, 11:09:06 PM

How I ended up beating that portion was to come in from the left bottom and set up a bridgehead there.  With my ERN'd cannon, I was able to hold.  Spread to the top and move the canon along the middleish half of the bottom half and I was able to quickly overpower YUM's square.  My video of this will be released at 12 noon EDT today.  :)

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: HeyHeyHey on April 19, 2021, 12:16:12 AM
Yum deserved better.
Kinda agree but I already uploaded this map, so I don't think there's much I can do. Even if I could do something about it, I wouldn't know what exactly to do...
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

knightace

Wow; wow. I can't believe I made such a grievous error. So; somehow, I played the entire map without realizing I could build a cannon. I even nullified the spore launcher but .... stupidly overlooked the cannon. LOL. I was highly confused why I could grab an ERN with no real use for it. Talk about utter blindsight!

So; eh, with that in mind I went back to this and obliterated YUM. I unintentially played this map on HARD mode using ONLY the cursor. Suffice to say I beat the entire thing except the top right corner using ONLY the cursor...so guys; it is possible. LOL

WithersChat

Ok. Fun map, but let me correct a few errors in the cache.
1) In Qople cache. Auri used my rebuild script, and Qople made the actual AI. But Auri combined FPS and rebuild.
2) I did NOT add cursor in PAC and afaik it has never benn balanced. In fact, i don't like PAC+Cursor. What I mean is, at the point you add cursor, PAC units become useless. It's cool to use cursor to destroy bases, but not with other units to manage at the same time. (Same is true for all type of game mode featuring cursor)

Also, why did you feel the need to rank the names?
There is no signature!

CS Z

I believe that there's a cheese mode due to a game-level bug available for this map.

Spoiler
The unit limit can currently be exceeded in CW4 v1.4.8.  As a result, you can build a bunch of cannons all at once.  The game will show a negative number and not allow additional units to be built but I believe the bottom of the map is the best place to build them all by drawing a line of cannons but Cornucanis is a good second spot and a lot closer to the rift lab.  Note that this obviously won't work anymore once the game-level bug is fixed.
[close]

@BvF7734 Please wrap spoilers in spoiler tags.

Durikkan

Quote from: CS Z on April 19, 2021, 10:18:31 PM
I believe that there's a cheese mode due to a game-level bug available for this map.

That bug only exists for custom units, it works properly for built-in units. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: WithersChat on April 19, 2021, 12:09:29 PM
Also, why did you feel the need to rank the names?

Past me has had some questionable ideas. If I were to redo it I wouldn't rank the names, especially after seeing what people think of it when someone's name didn't get "the right spot"
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

BvF7734

Quote from: CS Z on April 19, 2021, 10:18:31 PM
@BvF7734 Please wrap spoilers in spoiler tags.

My apologies.  I shall remember this going forward.  :)