AutoPost

• Global Moderator
on: March 28, 2021, 05:19:17 pm
This topic is for discussion of map #1188: Autopilot PAC 2

Author: qople
Size: 200x128

ikkonoishi

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:17:35 pm
First PAC where I truly felt like the underdog. If you lose momentum the AI will surround you and pound you into a stalemate.

superbrias

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:35:08 pm
I think the big problem with autopilot PAC levels is that besides "Prison Break (#1180)"'s version that includes a creeper form of cursor the lack of "push" the player has really bites, and while that doesn't matter as much with a static defense the AI having mobility while you don't is really hard to work with in my experience

creeper flows REALLY slowly up hills and starting with just a single emitter and a relatively small amount of creeper doesn't really make up for your lack of push

dklk

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 09:12:36 am
This is yet another great and fun map this is really well designed! I love FPS and PAC maps!

I see a lot of tags and things for these maps saying "Difficult" or "Impossible" when they are very easy, if you know a few things, really! -My best time for this map is 5min 30.7 sec, and I made a couple of mistakes. I also only used emitters the whole way through. I'll post a few general tips and a walkthrough for how to muller this map easily, no matter what the AI does, so you can decide how much help you want.

General Tips
(click to show/hide)

Specific Tips & Walkthrough
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:46:25 am by dklk »

SteveCarlo

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 08:11:49 am
this one has kicked my butt a couple of times.   

SteveCarlo

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 09:57:11 am
This is yet another great and fun map this is really well designed! I love FPS and PAC maps!

I see a lot of tags and things for these maps saying "Difficult" or "Impossible" when they are very easy, if you know a few things, really! -My best time for this map is 5min 30.7 sec, and I made a couple of mistakes. I also only used emitters the whole way through. I'll post a few general tips and a walkthrough for how to muller this map easily, no matter what the AI does, so you can decide how much help you want.
I guess you're quicker than me or have a better eye for finding places to site the emitters.
I've gone south to take the ERNs and the factory and gotten trapped, I've gone north and west....   I've even taken the ERN portal but by time I do, there is no place to deploy. 

SteveCarlo

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 10:32:34 am
got it.  that was satisfying

jtalisman

Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 10:54:42 pm
As soon as any space in front where you can place an emitter is covered fully by at least 1 creep, just delete your furthest one and replace in front.
Even playing casually, you can make it to an emitter on the blue platform north-east of the ERN in about 1:40, which will catch the blue terrain at the edge and give you an extra side push.
Once you reach the mountain peak north of the ern theres no more room for emitters, but you dont need any, the wave will very quickly overwhelm the ERN and you'll have all the emitters you could ever want.

Tried this multiple times and every time the "wave" never got anywhere near overwhelming anything, I got very easily held back by a couple of cannons, then eventually pushed and surrounded, so either there's something major missing from your strat or you got super lucky.

Does anyone have a video, or a strat that actually works?

Omniconda

Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 11:04:21 am
Beat this first try with just 2 emiters till the very end. willingness to give up ground and push was key, tho i could see how givibg the Ai just a bit more time would have stalled it out to a loss.

Deadl0ck

Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 11:37:40 am

Have fun!

So basically... the way you find these maps fun, well designed and easy is because you cheese them. Yeah, the cheesing technique you describe works. I imagine it works on most maps. It's also completely uninteresting and devoid of any actual strategy or fun to me, and the people like me that actually play this game as a strategy /  puzzle game.

I expect there to be logical solutions to maps, like there were in CW3 with the PAC / AC only maps.  If you try and play this map strategically, there's no winning it, as far as I can tell. I tried like 8 different approaches, got swarmed every time, and only beat it by playing cheese leapfrog. It's a shame that we need to resort to cheesing it to be able to beat maps. Sadly it seems that's the way the meta evolved though.

Deadl0ck

Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 11:43:19 am
As soon as any space in front where you can place an emitter is covered fully by at least 1 creep, just delete your furthest one and replace in front.
Even playing casually, you can make it to an emitter on the blue platform north-east of the ERN in about 1:40, which will catch the blue terrain at the edge and give you an extra side push.
Once you reach the mountain peak north of the ern theres no more room for emitters, but you dont need any, the wave will very quickly overwhelm the ERN and you'll have all the emitters you could ever want.

Tried this multiple times and every time the "wave" never got anywhere near overwhelming anything, I got very easily held back by a couple of cannons, then eventually pushed and surrounded, so either there's something major missing from your strat or you got super lucky.

Does anyone have a video, or a strat that actually works?

The strat does work,

(click to show/hide)

Mr$Hyper$

Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 12:09:43 pm
Nothing works. I push like crazy across the top then left sides nothing works, I spore the top blue veins that does little. The ai has 3 free expansion locations WHY WOULD YOU EVER GIVE THEM THAT ADVANTAGE. I thought you would be playing as creeper? Not just rush as creeper 0/10 not playing ever again the ai has so much free reign every expansion has ERN powered units that eradicate all that stands in their way so I get... Basic creep units? Not even a 100/.5 second emitter or something?

like i said not playing again