Remote AETs?

Started by Miczu555[PL], April 01, 2016, 12:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miczu555[PL]

My question is simple:
-Can I make somehow a AE field that'll vanish when I destroy "Tower" that's placed on the other side of the map.
Can't do that with normal AE Towers. ( please update  ;D )

Off topic: Can I make AC be supported by digitalis, clear digitalis; not corrputed by a creeper.

I'm not a native english speeker.

Builder17

Didn't understood offtopic question , but you have to use CRPLcore what recreates normal AEtower always when you nullify it and this core destroys itself and AEtower under it , when you nullify "Tower" .

Because AE fields aren't possible to create in CRPL... :(

Off topic: Your english isn't bad at all.

Builder17

Put AETKey into "Tower" and Remote Aet somewhere into middle of place you want AE field be and say if it's bad , ok?

Miczu555[PL]

Remote AETKey is fine but whenever i put Remote ATE on it just explodes. Andpopup syays: AE Tower destroyed. <hah.

I found this:
1 Scripts Successfully compiled into 79 opcodes.
--ERRORS FOLLOW--
AETKey.crpl: Line: 1: Improperly formatted number in an input var: AETKey

Edit: Off topic: My hopes and dreams:

AE Towers properties:

XY Pos:
delete Size (number)
Width:
Lenght:     Like: Creating rectangle.

Sprayers:

Placed on digitalis "sprays" AC Grown digitalis. Now: its our time to send OUR goo into their base!

And: New sprayer menu and options :)

Builder17

This AC thing sounds hard to do , maybe impossible.
Changed Key script into working.
You didn't told AE towers properties ...  ???

Miczu555[PL]

Hah! Nono.. Those were my dreams :P . It would be nice that those things were added to the game.

Now:
Edit: "AE Tower" still explodes leaving only powerzone behind.
2 scripts succesfully compiled.

GoodMorning

There's a lot you can do with CRPL, but the "AC Digi" idea would be replicating core game mechanics. See discussions on CRPL towers making ore, packets, or long range connections for why this is a bad idea.

I can't currently download Builder17's script, but the approximate form is:

1. Have input fields for coords and tower range.
2. "once": create tower.
3. Use a line similar to: "<-RemoteTowerID CONST_ISDESTROYED GetUnitAttribute" to check if the tower is alive.
4. If not, you will probably want to do two things.
4a. Remove the PZ.
4b. Build a new tower.
5. Repeat the above, looking at the new tower, if you rebuilt it.
6. When ":destroyed", blow up the tower.

Note that this will have to run every frame, otherwise the player could blow up the tower, and in the next frame place a structure there, which would have the new tower built on top of it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Miczu555[PL]

Bump. K new plan:
How about Parent ATE (Patent AET CRPL) tower to CRPL and make CRPL Core make ATE (CRPL make AET) each time AET is destroyed and replacing it with same 1. So CRPL must've be destroyed first.
And when CRPL dies first then bring down AET with itself. Lazor, Signal particles would be nice.
I'll use default CRPL Core texture.

GoodMorning

Same plan, but if you use $X & $Y instead of CurrentCoords, then the Core can be located remotely.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.