How to rate map difficulty?

Started by Takiza, April 03, 2014, 12:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takiza

I'm not entirely sure, as I'm new.  ???

Is there a guide somewhere to help with this? I want to know if 1) my maps are too easy, 2) how hard people like maps, and 3) how to make hard maps but still be able to beat them myself, as I am a newbie :/.

Help is appreciated, thanks!

Asbestos

Play the map, then exit or win, go back to the map screen, and there should be a rating thing under restart map.

Michionlion

But keep in mind, you should not rate a map '0' just because you couldn't finish it.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

Quote from: Asbestos on April 03, 2014, 10:36:39 AM
Play the map, then exit or win, go back to the map screen, and there should be a rating thing under restart map.

You should be more careful in your response. This is in the CW1 section. CW1 allowed the map maker to state a difficulty level in maps before the map was uploaded.

As for the OP: Just rate it relative to your skill.

Asbestos

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 03, 2014, 12:10:37 PM
Quote from: Asbestos on April 03, 2014, 10:36:39 AM

You should be more careful in your response. This is in the CW1 section. CW1 allowed the map maker to state a difficulty level in maps before the map was uploaded.

As for the OP: Just rate it relative to your skill.
Oh, wow. I can't believe I didn't see that. Sorry!

Takiza

Quote from: Michionlion on April 03, 2014, 11:52:06 AM
But keep in mind, you should not rate a map '0' just because you couldn't finish it.

? Why would I rate my own map 0? Lol...um this is CW1. Yeah.

@Karsten, okay thanks ^_^

Just hope others won't rate 1 because they're too easy, as time goes by I'll improve my own skill so I can feel more confident about making hard maps. I did beat a Thor-enabled map without thor :D it was rather easy though.