NEW CRPL Docs

Started by knucracker, January 07, 2013, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Here are the new docs for CRPL:
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/CRPL/docs/crpldocs.html

These are generated from a source XML file that contains the command names, other values, examples, etc.  This source file ise used to make the docs html page as well a couple files for Notepad++.

These docs are not complete, and will be added to as commands are added.  But, they need some typos fixed as well as more examples for different commands.  If you are interested in editing the doc just let me know.  I will host the docs on google docs then add in your email so you can access and edit the doc.  You can just PM me your email address.  I will host the xml on a local wiki.  PM me for instructions.  As always, any help with examples and such would be appreciated.  Note, though, that this is an XML document so you need to know how to read through an XML doc and not mess it up of you make changes.  So serious assistance only on this....

Also note that the syntax highlighting and auto complete files for Notepad++ have been updated on this topic:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=12262.0

It probably makes sense for me to take these off the forum and add links to them from the docs page.  So I will do that in the coming day or so.

knucracker

For those who edit the help, attached you will find the app that takes the language definition file and creates the various output files (html and notepad++ files).  You can use this to play with changes to the definition file locally and see what they will look like when the html is generated.

Grauniad

I clicked on it a few times before I realized it had created the docs. It does not seem to allow changing the output directory again _ I'll check appdata to see if there is something I can modify or delete.

Edit: Nope. Not in appdata, not in install folder.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

You wanted user friendly?  :)
I added the output directory field about 5 seconds before I built the app (it used to be hard coded).

I'll check it out, though, and while at it I'll show a popup saying the docs were generated.

--Edit--
I've update the above post with an new version.  This version will show an alert box when the docs generation is complete.  If there was some error, a message will be shown.  I couldn't reproduce the inability to change the output dir.  I created two test directories and output to both, one after the other.

Grauniad

Riddle me this. Where does the tool store the output path? Will test again when I get home.

knucracker

It doesn't store it.... maybe that is the source of confusion.  Each time you run it, that text field will get set to your Documents directory.  You can change it, but the app doesn't remember that change across runs.

Grauniad

Coincidence? After so many months, after installing the new app, Adobe AIR prompted me for an upgrade...