All of Haloguys Crazy Campaigns/Series/Mazes

Started by haloguy48, December 09, 2009, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

He seems to make maps too easy. ;( No challenge here.

Aurzel

some people like easy maps where it can be laid back, if you want a challenge there's plenty of other maps that are challenging

knucracker

The new maps are up.  The beta map contains only walls and is really cool.... but I need to do a better job with my thumbnail graphic generator so that the images on the map page show the walls.  I'll try to get this fixed up over the next couple of days (and go back and regenerate images for maps with walls).

Aurzel

maybe you should do that for odin city and emitters, and buildings actually, would make it easier to choose maps to play

haloguy48

Part 6 release date is halted until further notice... I think I have a lot of work with it... But don't have much of an idea how to balance this out... Sooner or later, the creeper eats through every wall, and it becomes impossible just about. not to mention the rate at which it expands... So I will be going through more tests until I think it fits. Any suggestions/ideas would love to be heard.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Mrmcdeath

Tone the creeper down... or put the walls on higher terrain (aka like 1 level higher than the creeper so it takes a while.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Tero

I really enjoyed parts 3,4 & 5!  As for part 6.  That is one tough nut to crack.  The use of just walls is brillant, but.  I loaded part 6 into the editor.  Cleared space to the left of Odin City and preloaded 9 reactors and a collector.  At the top of Odin City I preloaded two, red diamonds.  I didn't last 15 minutes.  Its a shame blasters, mortars, collectors & relays can't be placed on top of walls.  Or individual walls removed during game play, by say drones?

The one the thing walls are good for.  Plugging emitters.  A single wall/cube directly on top of an emitter will keep that emitter from working.  However, if that wall/cube gets touched by the creeper/spore.  Then one more headache to deal with.

Keep up the good work!
I respect those who quote me the least.

djcian

actually if there is a wall block on a creeper emitter the wall block never goes away and the creeper emitter is useless.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Tero

Have you tried placing a wall on top of an emitter.  Then allowing that wall to be touched by the creeper?  I have, and the wall always dissolves.

djcian

well i have tried and the wall does not dissolve.  hmmm interesting
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Tero

What I would like to know, is now to change the creeper's color?  The second thing is "The Darkness Parts" have buildings such as Blasters,Mortars and Drones that are opaque.  These buildings can't be moved until they are linked to the city.  Whenever, I preload buildings into a world/map.  I can move them right away.  I am using version 0314. Any ideas?

knucracker

Make sure you have 0314 of the map editor as well as the game.  In both the version will be visible in the lower left hand corner of the screen.  If you don't see a version in the map editor, you don't have 0314.  Once you have the new map editor, there is a new "Mission Settings" on the right of the screen.  It will let you set the creeper color and the mist colors.

For the units that are "locked" you just select a unit and the make click the "Initially Locked" checkbox on the right.  This will make it so that the player can't move the unit until a landed Odin City is connected to it.

haloguy48

Thanks for the support and ideas on 6, but I think i nailed a great way to do it while letting the creeper expand. not to mention it will give you time to prepare. Let me know what you think (whenever if gets updated). Its beatable now, dunno if it is 'too easy' so let me know.

Part 7 should also be up soon! Feedback is loved!
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

haloguy48

Haven't replied here in a while, Part 6 FINAL version has been released, along with part 8! Part 9 will be coming after the new year as I want to make this one of the most intense and key plot parts in the series. The end to the series is coming near, we are over the half way point. Hope you all enjoy part 8, any feedback is loved.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

CyberDyneSystems

Six was tough, very tough. Some of the earlier ones were a very easy,. but you did build a curve in there. 6 is your most ambitious and time consuming Map.
FYI,. I played Darkness 7 as well, and on the first try managed to survive until the huge Spore attack came in and knocked everything out.. I'm thinking this was about 19-20 minutes or so?

I don't know if that one is winnable at all... but it was still fun to try and stay alive.